Automatically send Gmail messages to Evernote and set multiple tags and a reminder

For me, the best way to selectively send email messages from Gmail into Evernote is by using Harry's script:

http://www.harryonline.net/evernote/send-google-mail-to-evernote/226

Basically you use Gmail labels to choose which Evernote notebook will receive the message and to add your own Evernote tags.

However, I needed a bit more, so I changed his script so that:

1) I can set a custom EN reminder based on Gmail labels

2) I can have certain EN tags automatically add a reminder (example: if the EN note gets the tag "important", then it will get a reminder for "tomorrow". To do that, simply set the user property "tag2reminder" to  "important=tomorrow" )

3) I can have one Gmail filter that will create a notebook with multiple tags in it and an optional reminder. So there's no need to create one Gmail filter for each EN tag you want, as is usually the case.

Here's my setup:

Create these 'root' labels on your Gmail account (you can change their names if needed):

[Evernote Notebooks]

[Evernote Reminders]

[Evernote Tags]

Then, create as many sub-labels as you want inside those root labels:

[Evernote Notebooks]

Main

Travel

Bills

(and so on...)

[Evernote Reminders]

1week

today

tomorrow

[Evernote Tags]

!!Today
  !Next
  development
  personal
  per-hobby
  per-photo
  finance
  fin-bill
  fin-invoice
  loc-ny
  loc-australia

Now for applying multiple EN tags, create something like this:

[Evernote Tags]

fin-invoice+loc-australia

And if you want to add a reminder at the same time:

[Evernote Tags]

fin-invoice+loc-australia+important

And here's my modified script:

https://script.google.com/d/1rsv8tjfpDn_wwxTmgz9fy3PupQIGrS6bd8EUfCeEwPzCsL7E0L-JA15I/edit?usp=sharing

Hope that helps!

• 9 months later...

Using a MAC with gmail, I can select one email and, using the web clipper, send to my EN account to a selected EN notebook.

If I try to select multiple emails the web clipper treats them as one article instead of individual emails.

I saw a video where they were using Outlook and there was a "Add to Evernote" button that made the multiple email task simple and sent

individual emails. Am I missing something or is this a MAC issue.

• 1 month later...

Hi Elifarley,

I am not into coding but really want to use your script. Is there a simple non-technical way of doing it? I could not figure out from your post or on clicking the script- what do i do next? 

Thanks in advance!

Archived