(Archived) Can't find conflicting changes notebook

gilliancg

Idea

Hi, 

I sync evernote between my Mac client and iPhone 4s. I recently found a note listed as "conflicting changes on". I looked that up and found out that a note would be placed in a "Conflicting Changes" notebook. That's fine, but I can't actually find that notebook anywhere. The note is still in the original note book but I can't actually edit it or resolve the conflict. 

Any ideas would be great. Thanks much!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I think there's some abiguity there, perhaps depending on the versions involved.

The Conflicting change notebook approach was the way it's historically worked for me.  Note though that until you have a conflict, the notebook does not exist.

I started a project a couple weeks ago with three-way updates between my windows desktop (premium), my ipad, and another premium user sharing the notebook both on his desktop and in the web view.

When we had conflicts, they were listed inline in the same note, rather than in the conflicting changes notebook.

I've since done a desktop client update and I can't replicate that between my ipad and the desktop.  I suspect though it had more to do with the shared notebook, or the web view.

• Level 5*

I think there's some abiguity there, perhaps depending on the versions involved.

The Conflicting change notebook approach was the way it's historically worked for me.  Note though that until you have a conflict, the notebook does not exist.

I started a project a couple weeks ago with three-way updates between my windows desktop (premium), my ipad, and another premium user sharing the notebook both on his desktop and in the web view.

When we had conflicts, they were listed inline in the same note, rather than in the conflicting changes notebook.

I've since done a desktop client update and I can't replicate that between my ipad and the desktop.  I suspect though it had more to do with the shared notebook, or the web view.

It is an iOS thing.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/37242-feature-request-conflicting-copies/?p=201631

• Level 5

Thanks.  I'd tried to duplicate that forcing a conflict on my iPad before I posted, but my timing must of been off.  It kept creating the conflict in the Conflicting Change Notebook.

And watched pots never boil...

Today I found this out for the first time. I had not accessed my notes in a couple of months. A long-running note from the summer had disappeared on both my iPad and Android phone. In panic I grabbed the laptop and found the note there in a new "conflicting changes" notebook. I have NO idea when this occured. Why does the new notebook not show up on my two mobile devices, and only on the laptop (Mac)? Secondly, users seemed to have indicated that the conflicting data would be pasted in the note, but I cannot see any duplicated or out of place data. How can I confirm that the one version I found is truly the most recent? I have a feeling the iPad one would have been more recent, but the note has completely disappeared there. HELP!

Archived