(Archived) Sidebar on Android Needed

PhotonicPR

Hi there,

I'm an active premium Evernote member and have enjoyed the service for many months, however I've found a missing asset on my Android device that I can't live without.

I actively use my sidebar to provide convenient access to my most popular/important notes. However, I can't replicate the sidebar on my Android device, on the home screen. So my question comes in two:

Can I replicated my sidebar on my Android ( Samsung S4)?

It looks like there's a space to add pages to the home screen, is this feature currently available?

Zuber mentioned Geoff would be looking here to tag this for Android users. Hey Geoff, thanks.

post-142962-0-96740700-1385589385_thumb.

• Level 5*

It's not really clear to me what you are asking for. When you say "my sidebar", are you referring to something that you see on a desktop client? Are you looking for your shortcuts, maybe? If so, then you get those by swiping in from the right edge of the screen.

• Level 5*

As stated, on the Android client, you access your shortcuts by swiping from the right-and side of the screen.

As far as I know, there is no way to access recently viewed notes, though you can obviously sort your note list by Date Created or Date Updated.

• 2 weeks later...

As stated, on the Android client, you access your shortcuts by swiping from the right-and side of the screen.

As far as I know, there is no way to access recently viewed notes, though you can obviously sort your note list by Date Created or Date Updated.

That swipe from the right is technically true but a bit deceiving. It only works on an open a note or when the list notebooks is showing. If I am just looking at the long list of all my notes swiping from the right will only move the scroll bar up and down.

• Level 5*

That swipe from the right is technically true but a bit deceiving. It only works on an open a note or when the list notebooks is showing. If I am just looking at the long list of all my notes swiping from the right will only move the scroll bar up and down.
If the scrollbar's active, then evidently that's the case. But the scrollbar automatically disappears in a second or two if you're not using it, at which point, the swiping in from the right works fine, at least in my tests on my two devices (Droid phone, Nexus 7 tablet).

Thanks Jefito for the earlier knowledge base link. 

Also, I think the discussion about the user experience regarding shortcuts is what caused me to comment here in the first place. It doesn't make sense that the same real-estate on the desktop experience, which is pretty much replicated on the mobile doesn't function exactly the same. In other words, I'd be happy if the mobile experience on my Samsung S4 was exactly the same as it was on my macbook or iMac. 

Here's the developer solution for Grooveshark that I was looking to suggest from the first.

Rather than having a fly-out menu, which has some functionality losses, and is not easily recognizable, an effort to make the mobile version function like the desktop site should be seen as an opportunity.  

I would be very pleased if I could view my list of shortcuts either between my list of notes, or below the link to the market and 'explore evernote', just like on the desktop app. More to the point it would make me more productive, which is why I love Evernote in the first place.

Jeff, I'd appreciate your views. Also, are there links to the developer track - i.e. an inside developer blog?

Thanks. - Avi

• Level 5*

Also, I think the discussion about the user experience regarding shortcuts is what caused me to comment here in the first place. It doesn't make sense that the same real-estate on the desktop experience, which is pretty much replicated on the mobile doesn't function exactly the same. In other words, I'd be happy if the mobile experience on my Samsung S4 was exactly the same as it was on my macbook or iMac.

Evernote doesn't seem to feel the need to deliver identical user interface experiences across all platforms. It's certainly not going to happen between desktop and mobile clients. Simple things like amount of creen real estate and layout can dictate that.

Jeff, I'd appreciate your views. Also, are there links to the developer track - i.e. an inside developer blog?

All I know about are the developer forums here (way downthe main board), the Evernote developer site (http://dev.evernote.com/), and the Evernote tech blogs (http://blog.evernote.com/tech/).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived