(Archived) Can't create new notes in business folders. Appears locked

I have both personal and now a business account for Evernote which are synced.  For some reason starting today, I can't seem to add any new notes into my business folder.  I can still create new notes in my personal folder, but I appear to be locked out from editing my business folder.  This has not been an issue for the past month since I got a business account but the problem started today.  Any suggestions?  I can't find anything in the menu or tools or account settings that might indicate I somehow locked this folder.  Any help?

There are a few things you will want to check on your business notebook to see if you have the correct permissions to it. If you go to the notebook in question on your desktop app, then right click on the notebook (control click on Mac), you will see an option for the Notebook Properties (Notebook Settings on Mac.)  Once you are in this area, you will see what permissions that you have to this specific notebook. You will see if there are rights for you to modify the notebook, or only view the notebook. If you are seeing the notebook has a lock on it, then it means that you only have View Only access to the notebook which this will also confirm.

If you are the administrator on the Evernote Business account, you can modify your sharing settings by going to the Help menu --> Admin Console --> Manage Notebooks --> Click the notebook --> Share -->  then adjust the sharing settings to your account / the user in question.  If you are not the administrator, you would need to have the administrator make this change for you. 

I have seen users experience this if they have a notebook that they publish to the business with View Only rights, then the user goes into the Business home area and leaves the notebook and rejoins the notebook. By doing this, it will give you the permissions of the business which would be View Only.  

If you continue to have problems, then I would submit a support ticket and our support team would be happy to help troubleshoot this with you further. 

Jon H

Hi Jon.  I am not the administrator the biz account.  We set this up a couple months ago so not sure why its acting like this now.  The administrator is gone for 2 weeks to India so no way to get a hold of him. I don't think he did anything to change admin rights.  As for the desktop app when I go to the properties and look at it, it says i can view notes.  I don't see a lock sign on the desktop app, but I do see a very feint lock sign on the web app.  It appears I'm locked out.  How did this all of a sudden happen?  No one changed or touched anything.  How can I unlock it?

Archived