(Archived) Feature request: Evernote email account

• Level 5*

Hi - we're not Evernote.  User Forum here.  The idea of another email client for Evernote has been raised,  but though some would support it others (including me) prefer to use external email anyway.  Evernote hasn't (and probably won't ever) indicate one way or the other whether this might happen.

Hi Evernote.

Any plans to establish an Evernote email account system? 

What does everyone think of this idea? Worth doing?

Not exactly sure I understand what you're asking for here. If it's like having an EN email address people can send things to, that's already in place. But I wouldn't recommend it since your account may be flooded with emails that cause your account to ignore incoming emails & disallow you from creating/modifying notes when the monthly upload limit is reached.

A better option (IMO) is to utilize any auto forwarding capabilities your ISP provides. I have emails from work & my husband auto forwarded to my Evernote account.

Hi BurgersNFries, I was referring to an actual email service such as gmail or hotmail. I would like to see Evernote develop a service of their own. Makes sense - Evernote is about the management of digital information, and email is a significant contributor to that that digital footprint. An email system that integrates with peoples Evernote accounts would be useful.

• Level 5*

I'm going to print this feed out and laminate it on my wall. When EN creates an email service I will reach out to each of you individually with a big "told you so".  :D

Sounds like a plan! Sign me up for it. I don't see Evernote doing this anytime soon. Sorry. It's not worth doing and (speaking for myself) I hope they don't spend any time on it. I've got a long list of stuff I want them to get done, and this doesn't even show up there.

Euey, while I agree with others here who say that Evernote probably ever create their own email system/app, I would say if you don't want to sit by and wait for this to happen, you can try out an app that I'm currently using and must say I love what it does to feed my automation/integration "fetish". It's called IQTell. It allows you to view/integrate your email account whether it's gmail or outlook/exchange with evernote. It's also sort of a GTD type system. It has alot of great features that are too much to list here. See if this works for you. Hope this helps.

Why? I've got enough email accounts to monitor now. What utility would an @evernote.com email bring to the usability of the software?

Not to mention that after a few years, I don't want websites I bought from a few times or message boards I no longer haunt taking up my Evernote upload amount.  I simply use auto forwarding with my ISP so email from my husband & work get auto forwarded to my Evernote account.  Then I can filter the rest.  IE, I save my Amazon receipts to Evernote (MUCH easier & faster to find out when I purchased something than going to the Amazon website & paging through all my purchases) but don't want all the Amazon email ads going there. 

Archived