(Archived) iX500 to Evernote

Yendi

Hi,

I would like to have some info before buying or not the ScanSnap EE:

As it is not available for shipping to France, i'm considering buying the iX500 to use it exclusively on evernote however I need to know something:

I saw that there is an option to "scan to evernote" in the manager: would evernote do the OCR and make the documents searchables? Or do I have to make them "PDF Searchable" and then import them manually into evernote?

My goal is to scan tons of paper and start being paperless, however I need to have 1 page = one note (possible?) and be able to search thru them to be able to find them with keywords.

Thanks !

With the iX500 you have the option of scanning to Evernote and letting it do the OCR, or doing the OCR yourself first and then uploading. Personally I recommend the latter, but either way works fine.

Regarding iX500 vs. ScanSnap EE, I don't think you will miss out on much based on the feedback I've been hearing. You will be fine scanning to Evernote with the iX500, and in fact you will have a bit more flexibility.

With the iX500 you have the option of scanning to Evernote and letting it do the OCR, or doing the OCR yourself first and then uploading. Personally I recommend the latter, but either way works fine.

Regarding iX500 vs. ScanSnap EE, I don't think you will miss out on much based on the feedback I've been hearing. You will be fine scanning to Evernote with the iX500, and in fact you will have a bit more flexibility.

Thanks for that feedback!

Do you know if it's possible to have with the "scan to evernote" 1 page = 1 note?

I don't want to scan 50 pages and have just 1 note !

Thanks for that feedback!

Do you know if it's possible to have with the "scan to evernote" 1 page = 1 note?

I don't want to scan 50 pages and have just 1 note !

Yes, you can have it set so that either all 50 pages goes into one note, or you can have it so that it creates 50 notes, one for each page.

Ok I received my iX500 but I have a huge problem. If its not a bug, then I will send it back and wait for the EN Scan to be available to france:

Lets say I scan 1 one-sided document and 1 two-sided document: I have no way to make the scanner do 1 PDF per document -> I can do 1 PDF with all the pages or 1 side per PDF but I can't find the setting to do 1 PDF per document...

There is a setting to do a PDF every X pages but it does not take in mind if the document is one sided or two sided: as a result it mixes documents.

Do I miss the right setting? Does the EN version handle documents better?

My only need: be able to put a bunch of pages and let the scan do 1 PDF per document.

It's really a deal breaker for me...

Thanks for your help

Possibly someone will have a better idea, but what i personally do is have two ScanSnap Manager profiles: one for single sided documents and one for double-sided documents. Then I scan a stack for each and it kicks out 1 PDF per document properly for each stack.

I don't have experience with the EE, but I'd be surprised if that part works differently. 

Possibly someone will have a better idea, but what i personally do is have two ScanSnap Manager profiles: one for single sided documents and one for double-sided documents. Then I scan a stack for each and it kicks out 1 PDF per document properly for each stack.

I don't have experience with the EE, but I'd be surprised if that part works differently. 

Thanks for the feedback...

Have you also problem with up side down pages? 

Have you also problem with up side down pages? 

Hmm no, not on any sort of consistent basis. The odd document here and there maybe. Make sure Image Rotation is checked: http://cl.ly/image/071E0l3w2Z0W.

Yes it's checked.

I have two up side down problems:

Almost every two sided pages have one page up side down.

Also, on this image there is 2 amazon receipts, they were both the right side but one has been rotated in the wrong direction... 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1gegdvbyoo5tdw/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%202013-11-21%2021.18.47.jpg

Yes it's checked.

I have two up side down problems:

Almost every two sided pages have one page up side down.

Also, on this image there is 2 amazon receipts, they were both the right side but one has been rotated in the wrong direction... 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1gegdvbyoo5tdw/Capture%20d'écran%202013-11-21%2021.18.47.jpg

This is going to sound weird, but does it do it if the checkbox is UNchecked?

And BTW, what's the difference between Scan to evernote (document) and scan to evernote (note)?

"Document" will attach the scans as a PDF. "Note" will embed the scans as JPGs. That's the main difference.

You are super helpful ! Thanks

Archived