(Archived) Feature Request

SamuelG

It would be great if Evernote supported color coding for notebooks and offered multiple colors within the highlight function (rather than yellow only). This seems like such a basic thing but it would aid significantly in organizing topics and groups. 

• Level 5*

The notebook color coding thingy gets asked for with some regularity (search the forums for related discussions, if you want), but they haven't seemed inclined to deliver that functionality to date.

Thanks, Jeff. It seems like such a basic thing that would require minimal development effort but provide a huge benefit. Evernote is extremely sophisticated and streamlined in some ways but lacking some really basic features. Sometimes I wonder if executives and development teams really understand how software is used in the real world.

• Level 5*

It may seem like a basic thing to you, but I'm in the real world, and I honestly don't miss them at all. I don't use a lot of notebooks in either of my two accounts, and the alphabetical list they present works fine for me. I'd be happier if they added notebook status indication (like local, shared, joined, etc.) in the various places where notebooks are shown (I'm on Windows, mainly and they don't show that information at all in the left panel, and in some other areas, the shared and joined icons are identical, so not very useful).

I understand everyone uses the program differently. I'm a writer and I use Evernote for project management. Green, yellow, red, etc. is a common and simple way to provide instant visibility about the status of a notebook (project). Also, multiple highlighter colors in notes would allow users to mark different parts of notes or track the status of lists and events much faster and more efficiently. I agree though that a status indicator would be extremely useful.

Archived