(Archived) Web Clipper 6.0.3 issue with Safari

David Petree

Good Morning

There seems to be a new issue with this Web Clipper. I have been using the Web clipper with Safari for a while now and never have had this issue.

Basically, i first noticed this over the weekend. When i try to log into my companies Ticket System, i should get this page

ticket-good.png

But, over the weekend, when i log in, i get the following page

ticket-bad.png

I have narrowed it down to the web clipper. If i disable the web clipper, all is good. i can reach the page and everything, but when i enable the web clipper, it goes back to the screenshot above.

Also on the screenshot above, there is nothing to click. You cannot click any of the buttons or anything. 

We do not even use that Chat feature and its not even turned on. I am not sure how the clipper is pulling that up.

Safari 7.0

Please let me know if you need any more info

Thanks, That was fast...

So you guys know what the issue is? Im guessing its a rendering problem or something..???

I did notice that if I get the bad page above, and i click on the Web clipper button, it does render a new page layout, and i can see the side bar and some other stuff. I just can't click anything.

I just noticed when i did that , that you guys have went to a new layout. I was just use to the drop down menu and now you went to some sidebar menu.

Looks promising, can't wait to try it.

Thanks again

• Level 5*

I've had the same problem for a while (several days?) on all kinds of sites ranging from the Google news page (only the "technology" section) to my college's Blackboard website. Until the fix rolls out, you can just disable the clipper. Glad to hear we'll have a solution soon :)

I'm having a similar issue with a site our university uses called Blackboard. If I disable the clipper everything renders fine, with the clipper enabled, the site is unusable. Geez, why can't you guys test your product on every page on the internet? Bunch of slackers. (sarcasm). Glad to see this is already being addressed, thanks guys!

6.0.4 isn't working. Half my web pages won't render at all, just blank, and trying to clip on any that do render is a maddening experience. That sidebar pops out then when my mouse gets near it, it just closes. I open it again and hit SAVE and nothing. nada.

If I turn off 6.0.4, quit and restart Safari, all web pages render

Turn back on, quit, restart and half of the tabs won't load at all. Again, this is 6.0.4

Evernote has gone from indispensable to useless. How can we downgrade while you try and fix it. And the UI changes are horrible but I will take stability first.

Where can I get the last version of clipper 5? Please. useless is not acceptable

I'm also having problems with 6.0.4. In particular, the clipper prevents me from being able to log in to my company's payroll system. If the clipper is enabled, I get a security warning and my login fails. If it's disabled, everything works.

I would also be interested in downgrading to the last 5.x release.

Lots of trouble for me as well.

Quite a few websites now open with their content shifted halfway out of the browser (to the left).

Specifically, spiegel.de is giving me a hard time in conjunction with Evernote&AdBlock...

I really dig the new interface, but its interference with a site's CSS is frustrating.

Also caused a number of scripting errors while I was working on a Typo3 project...

(Web Clipper 6.0.4 on Safari)

Hi all,

We've got a new patch that fixes most (still testing some) reported problems. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/685245/6.0.5.safariextz

If you have a few minutes to install and test that would be great. Please let us know if any of the reported URLs are still breaking. 

It does not, unfortunately, fix the problem I'm seeing. When I log into ADP with the 6.0.x clipper installed, the page appears to refresh immediately after the login completes, and then I get kicked out with a security warning. Without the clipper installed, or with the 5.9.x clipper, the site works fine.

A page and/or domain exclusion list in the clipper could get around finicky pages.

Hi all,

We've got a new patch that fixes most (still testing some) reported problems. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/685245/6.0.5.safariextz

If you have a few minutes to install and test that would be great. Please let us know if any of the reported URLs are still breaking. 

Thanks. I came here as 6.0.4 Web clipper extension shifted all my web pages all scrolled the right on every page open on

both Safari 5 and Safari 7 which was driving me batty. 

Glad to report that 6.0.5 Web clipper fixed this behavior. 

Archived