(Archived) drag and drop not functioning

csonnic

Idea

I mentioned this in my "Newbie" post but I'm finding this is more serious than I thought.

Evernote is not allowing me to drag any more notes into a Notebook.  It will copy just a few, but they're listed as "untitled" and contain nothing.  Now I'm not sure how to get any more notes in.  These happen to be Rich Text files.  Pretty basic. 

13 replies to this idea

The newest.  What I've discovered is that, some of the notes had a graph embedded which stopped the copying all together.  It would be nice if Evernote would give some sort of notification that a note was unable to import rather than just cancelling the importing.  What's also annyoying is the fact that some of the notes unable to import turned into untitled notes with no content, leaving me clueless of what actually happened.

I have responded in the other thread you are participating in, but I'll post here too:

Could you take a look in the activity log for anything that might suggest why this is happening. You may even want to post it here so we can take a look and perhaps help figure out what is happening. As you have indicated in the other thread, the file size of all combined files would neither exceed your quota nor the per-note limit. 

The activity log may give us the answer. 

This is what was just logged when I attempted importing the offending file:

2013-11-18 20:29:10 main [ENMLConverter] ERROR: --------- end snippet --------
2013-11-18 20:29:10 main [ENMLConverter] INFO: Document has no DTD node, creating.
2013-11-18 20:29:10 main [ENMLPasteboardUtils] ERROR: -[ENMLPasteboardUtils stripUnwantedStyles:] - nodesForXpath error: (null)
2013-11-18 20:29:10 thmb [ENNoteThumbnailManager] DEBUG: Generating thumbnail for note: 'Untitled Clipped Note' [(null)]
2013-11-18 20:29:10  [ENNoteReIndexOperation] INFO: Reindexing note: 'Untitled Clipped Note' [(null)]
2013-11-18 20:29:10 thmb [ENNoteThumbnailManager] DEBUG: Generating thumbnail for note: 'Untitled Clipped Note' [(null)]

This is what was just logged when I attempted importing the offending file:

2013-11-18 20:29:10 main [ENMLConverter] ERROR: --------- end snippet --------

2013-11-18 20:29:10 main [ENMLConverter] INFO: Document has no DTD node, creating.

2013-11-18 20:29:10 main [ENMLPasteboardUtils] ERROR: -[ENMLPasteboardUtils stripUnwantedStyles:] - nodesForXpath error: (null)

2013-11-18 20:29:10  [ENNoteReIndexOperation] INFO: Reindexing note: 'Untitled Clipped Note' [(null)]

Hmmm I wish I could tell you that all is clear but unfortunately not. Perhaps there is some portion of the activity log that you did not capture?  Worth opening a support ticket for nevertheless. 

That was the log for that particular file I attempted to import.  It's really not a big deal now that I have most of my files in there.  Might be an issue though, when it comes to future files.  I'm surprised nobody else has noticed this kind of behavior when unacceptable files.

Experiencing same issue using Mac 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. Drag-and-drop worked fine yesterday until AFTER I changed my password. It now works when I drop something on the web client but refuses to accept docs on the app, except to create a blank document. Support had no immediate solution.

Archived