Speech to Text now Dictation - No original audio

When speech-to-text first came to the Evernote Android app it would attach the original audio file to the note. I tried to use that feature again and now the audio file isn't created/attached. Did this change or maybe user error?

I'm using a Samsung S3 and version 5.5

• 1 month later...

Thanks for bringing this up. The Evernote separate app, page with a speech bubble, in my hands, also only creates a transcript note, ... it does not save an audio clip along with the note. For this purpose I have moved over to Google Now ("note to self") and saving to Google Keep, if I substitute Keep with Evenote, I still only get the transcript in this flow. Which leads me to think that Evernote have completely killed the functionality and are also not taking advantage of the functionality available in Android. Dear Evenote, if I have missed your updates on this, apologies, if not ... please provide news? Thanks.

Using Android and OS X,

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same! If the audio recording was removed then shouldn't it be an app option? You'd go in setting and decide between keeping the audio or not... I would love to have the audio file to revise the transcription and know what I was talking about.

• Level 5*

If this is an issue that concerns you I'd suggest raising a support ticket (see below) - if there's been no comment in this user forum it would appear that other members haven't noticed any change here.  To raise it officially - support ticket.  Do please let us know what response you get though..

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue with note to self not sending audio file after I upgraded my droid max to kit kat 4.4.4 21.11.21 it does not even send it with gmail or google keep? I even restored my phone out of desperation to no avail. Anybody know how to get this working?? Thanks

Archived