(Archived) Evernote Rewards, point limit in terms does not make sense

In the knowledge base article regarding rewards points it lists various rewards up to and including 125 Evernote Points. Yet the description below says "you only earn points for the first 5 referrals, for a total of 30 points". Did they omit something about a time period? Like you can only get 5 referrals per day? Otherwise why offer rewards that take more than 30 points (I'm not aware of any other means of earning points).

The subsequent paragraph refers to a 24-hour period for a specific IP address, but even that makes no sense considering that the paragraph before limits you to 5 referrals total.

I've referred dozens of people to RN over the years and will continue to do so, but if they're going to offer a referral program I'd at least like to understand how it works.

The relevant section is pasted below.

-Jason

post-77778-0-90772400-1384526993_thumb.p

How many Evernote Points can I earn for referrals?

Earn Evernote Points by referring your friends to sign up for Evernote.

See the Evernote Points section of your Evernote Account Settings for a full list of rewards and point values, such as:

• 1 month of Evernote Premium (10 Evernote Points)
  • 3 months of Evernote Premium (30 Evernote Points)
  • 1 GB upload boost (10 Evernote Points)
  • Visit to Evernote Headquarters in Redwood City CA (125 Evernote Points)

Your first referral earns you 10 Evernote Points and each additional referral earns you 5 Evernote Points. You can refer as many people as you want, but you only earn points for the first 5 referrals, for a total of 30 points.

You are limited to a maximum of 5 referrals per day from the same IP address. Referrer will not earn Points for any referrals above the first 5 from the same IP address during a single 24-hour-period, nor will the recipient of the referral receive a complimentary month of premium.

• Level 5*

The selection you clipped says "You are limited to a maximum of 5 referrals per day" it doesn't say anything about there being other global limits,  which I assume there aren't.  The limit refers to the ones you (and the referred person) will earn points from,  not how many you can actually communicate.  Seems sensible to me..?

The selection you clipped says "You are limited to a maximum of 5 referrals per day" it doesn't say anything about there being other global limits,  which I assume there aren't.  The limit refers to the ones you (and the referred person) will earn points from,  not how many you can actually communicate.  Seems sensible to me..?

I actually addressed that in my post I think:

The subsequent paragraph refers to a 24-hour period for a specific IP address, but even that makes no sense considering that the paragraph before limits you to 5 referrals total.

The section you're talking about refers to IP addresses, but the paragraph above just says you only earn points on 5. Not 5 per day or 5 from an IP address, just 5.

It's all good and fine that I can communicate about Evernote to as many people as I want (I'm pretty sure I already had that ability ;-)  but if there are only 30 points available to me -- ever -- for referrals, then why offer rewards that cost more than 30 points.

I would think that the earlier paragraph ALSO intended to have a time limit, since it wouldn't make sense to limit it to 5 per IP address if it was also limited to 5 EVER.

• Level 5*

I think Evernote were concerned not to give everyone an opportunity to become point millionaires overnight,  so limited it to 5 per day.  They can -if you read all the t's and c's- end the promotion at any time (a normal business caveat,  just in case things go wrong) so if they see too many points earners,  I'd guess they will end the promotion pretty smartly.

Archived