(Archived) Strange happenings in web clipper 6.0

kwbarrett

Using Safari 6.1, I just updated the web clipper today following the release of 6.0.  As I surf to Google News and click on the Technology topic, I get a bunch of web clipper panels that I cannot click on and the entire page is rendered useless.  I cannot click on anything  The only way out is to close the page.  https://www.evernote.com/shard/s28/sh/9dbd1739-aad6-4992-9887-373fc902984a/9713c0f17b4ebfa2e399a024b19956fd

I'd like to add a couple of issues...

Here's a screen shot of the lower right corner of my Safari window.  Note that only part of the popup is visible.  Making the window larger has no effect.

-safari--Strange-happenings-in-web-clipp

Also, I'd like to be able to specify a notebook for all clips and not have the Clipper decide where they should be placed.  While testing the Clipper, it placed clips in four different notebooks.

Lew

@Lew,

Thanks for the report we'll look at that issue as well. What OS & Safari version are you running?

As for notebooks we have a feature called Smart Filing that suggests a notebook depending on the content of the clip. If this is not what you want open the options page and change the setting to 'Last used notebook'.

Hope that helps. 

@Lew,

As for notebooks we have a feature called Smart Filing that suggests a notebook depending on the content of the clip. If this is not what you want open the options page and change the setting to 'Last used notebook'.

Hope that helps. 

Unfortunately, your suggestion doesn't work for me.  Perhaps if I used only the Web Clipper to get clips into Evernote it would work, but I also use other methods.  I mostly Print to PDF along with Hazel which moves PDFs to Evernote while automatically assigning it to the correct notebook and applying tags.  After running a Print to PDF, Web Clipper gets confused and seems to select a notebook at random when Last used notebook is selected in Options.

In light of the above, being able to select a default notebook would work best in my situation.

By the way, Web Clipper 6.0.4 is not available at http://evernote.com/webclipper/.  It still downloads Evernote.6.0.3.safariextz.  Can you please provide a link to the latest version?  Thanks...

Lew

the setting for disable keyboard shortcuts doesn't works. Can you fix that ? Because in a french keyboard instead of the " ' ", there is the " @ ". Consequently, I can't type my email adress or I can not use twitter without opening the Evernote clipper when I type "@" :( 

Thank you in advance !

Just went to get the 6.0.4 and can't find it anywhere. The main web clipper page still has 6.0.3 as its link.

Not to be "that guy", but is there any estimate re: when the fix for the random panels blocking the web pages will be fixed? I know you all are working right now on a fix, but would like to know if I should even try to keep coming back for the fix? or just disable the web clipper (hate to do that, because I love it for the times / pages it does work).

Thank you - a great improvement that I'm eagerly waiting for! :rolleyes:

Having same issue today for the first time navigating to certain websites and getting the clipper content boxes and the webpage locking. Could someone lend a hand with a short primer on how to uninstall WebClipper?? In looking at the Error Console, it looks like a problem between Safari and Clipper? I am on Safari 7.0 and Maverick.

Thanks! 

Hello, i confirm that the @ key on Mac french keyboard (Safari 7.0) triggers the 6.0.4 web clipper even if shortcuts have been disabled.

it looks like the only solution is to completely disable web clipper.

Any other solution before a fix is being issued ?

thanks

I'm still having problems with the save button not appearing on safari unless I scroll to the bottom of the page. I have the old version of the clipper saved for chrome and have been using that for chrome. Is there any way to download the old version (5) of the clipper? I really prefer the old clipper on every system/platform I've used. 

Archived