(Archived) Message Bug in Evernote Mac, Fontsize

Jack Zhang

Idea

Hi All,

Just wanna report a bug in Mac edition evernote. 

Both Font Size was set to 12 at Evernote and Mac Mail. And when i copy message from Evernote to Mail, the font changed to 16. 

I have tried multiply times with different sizes and seems like Evernote and Mail can't sync the size. Everytime they are copying different sizes. 

This problem didn't exist before Mavericks. 

Hope you can verify it and fix it. 

Thanks. 

Jack

5 replies to this idea

I am not encountering this problem. Which version of EN are you on?

As a temporary fix for your problem, try holding down the alt/option key when pasting into Mail. This should change the font to Mail's default font.

Thank you for your reply. 

Im using Version 5.4.1 (402012).

The alt/option will not work as the text has format, e.g Bold etc. copy as plain text will remove that. 

I have tried copy to Pages and no problem at all. maybe just Mail's problem?

1. You should upgrade to EN 5.4.2 and see if that helps.

2. You will not lose your formatting if you alt-Paste into Mail. Try it.

I'm having the exact same problem Jack. 

I'm using the latest version of Evernote (5.4.3) with Mavericks.

I have size 13 set in Evernote and it jumps up to size 16 when copying and pasting to Mac Mail. 

In addition it jumps down to size 12 when copying and pasting from Evernote to Pages (5.0) and Microsoft Word for Mac (14.3.9).

Trumpetg's suggestion of paste and match style (alt-shift-command-v) does solve the issue of font size, but you still lose all the rich formatting such as bold, italic, hyperlinks etc. 

Hoping for a fix as soon as possible. 

I'm having the exact same problem Jack. 

I'm using the latest version of Evernote (5.4.3) with Mavericks.

I have size 13 set in Evernote and it jumps up to size 16 when copying and pasting to Mac Mail. 

In addition it jumps down to size 12 when copying and pasting from Evernote to Pages (5.0) and Microsoft Word for Mac (14.3.9).

Trumpetg's suggestion of paste and match style (alt-shift-command-v) does solve the issue of font size, but you still lose all the rich formatting such as bold, italic, hyperlinks etc. 

Hoping for a fix as soon as possible. 

Great i have a support! lol. 

Just updated 5.4.3 from Mac App Store and this problelm is still there. 

Lucky my notes are all in the same size, so eveyrtime after copying, i will select all and change back to size 12. 

I have done some tests and this problem is not just about size 12 to 16. It jumps all over, like 11 to 13, 16 to 20, no clue. 

hope Evernote will look into this and have a fix. :)

Jack

Archived