(Archived) Taking notes offline

I am a premium user of Evernote, using v5.5 on a Motorola XT316 phone using Android 2.3.5 and v5.0.5 on an unbranded tablet using Android 4.1.1.

On both devices, the option to "set offline access" is greyed out, even though it clearly says just above that setting that the account is a premium one.

Before I go to Tech Support for assistance, can anyone here tell me how I take selected notes/notebooks offline on these devices, please?

Wendy

• Level 5*

No specifics for either device,  but the option you're looking for (I think) is "enable offline sync" which should be available from the notebooks page if you click the black triangle to the right of the screen.

I also have 'Offline Search' in settings which means the device downloads an index but not the notes,  but I don;t have an 'offline access' unless I'm looking in completely the wrong place...

post-63053-0-27963300-1384385088_thumb.j

No specifics for either device,  but the option you're looking for (I think) is "enable offline sync" which should be available from the notebooks page if you click the black triangle to the right of the screen.

I also have 'Offline Search' in settings which means the device downloads an index but not the notes,  but I don;t have an 'offline access' unless I'm looking in completely the wrong place...

Thank you, it took me a while to get there, but eventually what you said took me to the right place and I've now got it set.

On the phone, which is where I particularly want to access my notes offline, the screen is so small that I didn't appreciate that there was more below the four icons for starting a new note, taking a photo, etc.

Thanks again for your help.  :-)

Wendy

Archived