(Archived) Photo feature

Hi. Sorry for my bad english and bad news...I'm french !

Is there someone here who can explain to le the feature which allow to take successively 2 photos with différent orientations. Taping on arrows changes orientations for the next 2 photos done ?

When I've chosen, and after tapping on the screen, I get the classic screen for photos and I don't find the 2 photos selected anywhere !

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Level 5*

Sorry - should also have asked which version of OS (Android) you're using - there;s a new Evernote version out for Android which may have dealt with any problems you're having.  I have the same phone and everything works fine for me - but if you're taking photos to include in a note,  are you adding a title to the note and tapping the 'tick' (checkmark?) in the top left of the screen? 

Hi. My Android is 4.1.2. I don't run into problems using my camera, I just wanted to know and understand the use of this feature taking two photos automatcally.

I think I've understood now. If my photos are not correctly oriented, I use this feature to set them correctly. Am I wrong ?

Thanks for help.

Sorry - should also have asked which version of OS (Android) you're using - there;s a new Evernote version out for Android which may have dealt with any problems you're having.  I have the same phone and everything works fine for me - but if you're taking photos to include in a note,  are you adding a title to the note and tapping the 'tick' (checkmark?) in the top left of the screen?

Yes, I do that.

Hi @looping,

I think the purpose of that feature is to correct orientation issues with the camera rather than for taking multiple photos in succession.  I have found it to be rarely useful and, more importantly, last time I played with it on my Galaxy SIII I ended up inadvertently rotating every photo I took and it took me some time to realise that the problem arose from fiddling around with the orientation feature.  If Evernote is not having any issues with picture orientation, I'd leave it alone.

The EN camera allows you to take as many photos as you wish, then click the tick to accept them into the note.

Is this what you were asking or have I misunderstood?

Hi @looping,

I think the purpose of that feature is to correct orientation issues with the camera rather than for taking multiple photos in succession.  I have found it to be rarely useful and, more importantly, last time I played with it on my Galaxy SIII I ended up inadvertently rotating every photo I took and it took me some time to realise that the problem arose from fiddling around with the orientation feature.  If Evernote is not having any issues with picture orientation, I'd leave it alone.

The EN camera allows you to take as many photos as you wish, then click the tick to accept them into the note.

Is this what you were asking or have I misunderstood?

Thanks a lot.

Everything is clear now.

Have a nice day.

Archived