Google Authenticator codes not recognised by EN

Hi,

It was working fine up until 2 or 3 weeks ago, now the codes generated by Google Authenticator aren't recognsed by Evernote. I tried disabling 2 factor authentication and setting up again but same problem. Can anyone help? I raised a support ticket but so far it's still unresolved. I have accounts set up in Google Authenticator for Facebook, Lastpass, Dropbox and others, and they all work fine. I'm using the Android app.

• Level 5*

If you can quote your ticket number here we'll ask someone to take a look,  but this forum is mostly just us civilians so we don't have any special technical insights onto why stuff don't work...

• 9 months later...

I'd been assuming something was broken with evernote/authenticator, then I tried to sign into dropbox and it was broken in the same way - Google authenticator codes were just useless. I put two and two and a bit of three together and noticed my phone's clock was a minute or so off from desktop time. I reset my time from the network, and authenticator started working perfectly for everything again.

So, check your clock is accurate on your authenticator device.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd been assuming something was broken with evernote/authenticator, then I tried to sign into dropbox and it was broken in the same way - Google authenticator codes were just useless. I put two and two and a bit of three together and noticed my phone's clock was a minute or so off from desktop time. I reset my time from the network, and authenticator started working perfectly for everything again.

So, check your clock is accurate on your authenticator device.

This worked for me. Thank you.

Archived