Non-responsive Evernote customer service

I am a premium user and contacted Evernote over a week ago about a persistent internal database error. I received a ticket number in an email that said I would be contacted within one business day. I am still yet to be contacted despite asking every few days via email and even opening a new case and receiving a new ticket number.

They have mode no contact with me whatsoever.

I tried contacting them via the chat service, but after waiting in queue for over 20 minutes I gave up.

Is this the usual way that Evernote treats its premium users? How do I get a response from customer service? 

EDIT: Ticket# 221581

I am experiencing the same problem as ScottM668.  It is driving me mad.  I'm unable to use Evernote and the probelm is messing up other devices too.    I've issued several tickets, as   premium customer the ad for the service states help in 24 hours.  Well it does not live up to it's promise.

Here are my ticket numbers:   22816, 22817, 230167, 233347.  I have the message:  

An internal database error has occurred that prevents Evernote from functioning properly.  If the problem persists, please contact Evernote Support.

Any clues about when, or if I'm going to get any reply????  Or does anyone out there know how to fix this issue.  Thanks

Hi Daisy and welcome to the forum,

I have brought your problem to the attention of others as well.

I can also confirm that the OP is being sorted out.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

I am a premium user and submitted a support request on 12 November (Ticket# 233940). No support forthcoming I sent a reminder email yesterday but this was not acknowledged.

Can anyone please suggest a way forward.

Jim

If you can give us some details of the problem maybe the audience here can help - I'll bounce this on to an Evernote person anyway to have a look at.. 

Hi gazumped

Thanks for the offer and quick response but I need assistance for a name change and I believe only support can to do this.

Not getting a response about a name change is not a major problem and I'm sure it will be sorted eventually. The lack of response from support surprised me and I'm now left wondering what might happen if I have serious difficulty in the future.

The silver lining in my problem was finding this forum as I now know much much more about Evernote than I did.

Again thanks for your offer of help

Jim

I am experiencing the same problem as ScottM668.  It is driving me mad.  I'm unable to use Evernote and the probelm is messing up other devices too.    I've issued several tickets, as   premium customer the ad for the service states help in 24 hours.  Well it does not live up to it's promise.

Here are my ticket numbers:   22816, 22817, 230167, 233347.  I have the message:  

An internal database error has occurred that prevents Evernote from functioning properly.  If the problem persists, please contact Evernote Support.

Any clues about when, or if I'm going to get any reply????  Or does anyone out there know how to fix this issue.  Thanks

Evernote does NOT say premium customers receive a reply in 24 hours. They say one BUSINESS day.

Several business days had passed, still no answer.  Have just received response from a chat I had, Evernote crashed in middle of that.  

I've sorted problem out myself with the help of my techi mate.  Thanks to all for help.

That's unfortunate & I'm glad you got it worked out. But I did want to clarify your statement about the response time.

• Level 5*

Hi - I'm sorry to see you were unhappy with the lack of support.  If you can post your ticket number here someone will look into it,  and if you care to share any details of the problem,  maybe we can be of help.

Hi, 

I am a premium user as well and contacted evernote regarding a account name change on 5 days ago. Have not heard from evernote since. And chat never seems to work. " There are currenly no supporters logged in.... " and this seems to happen 24 hours! 

Can someone help please? 

Ticket #234842

• 9 months later...

I have to say that I too have found evernote support less than helpful, very unresponsive and in some cases just plain rude.  In fact I would like to find out how to make an official complaint.  I pay for Premium and would expect some level of service for this when things go wrong (in this case losing over half of my tags, and goodness knows how many notes - just disappeared).  On the rare occasion that someone does pick up on chat they ignore my questions and one operative, Matt, ended the chat early rather than answer whether or not I should use evernote while the tech department is supposedly looking into it.  He did suggest I send a screenshot of the tags that have disappeared though - I asked him how to do that if they had disappeared - he ignored that too.  Please evernote, 1 email in 3 days is not working as fast as you can for a solution - I use this for work and have lost 3 days already.  At least tell me if using it in the meantime will cause further problems or not. 

This hasn't been my experience. In general, chat has been helpful. I've been disconnected once, but that wasn't because of any intentional move by the agent, it was a bug, and it has happened to me numerous times with various other chat customer service interfaces, it's par for the course. 

As for complaining, you can post and rant here, which is fine. Staff also read these boards so your point will at least hit the ears (or eyes) of a few staff members. Other than that, you could submit a support ticket to complain about support... but that doesn't seem like it will do what you are hoping. 

I've honestly not had the same "Rude" and "unresponsive" experience as you, so I wonder if you may have just had some bad luck?

Archived