Notes from PC not getting synced to Evernote web

I feel like everyone is having the exact opposite problem I'm having.

New notes created on my PC will not sync with evernote web. 

However, notes created on evernote web sync to my PC.  Notes deleted from my evernote web are deleted from my PC. 

It was working fine till this afternoon and then it suddenly stopped working :(

I feel like everyone is having the exact opposite problem I'm having.

New notes created on my PC will not sync with evernote web. 

However, notes created on evernote web sync to my PC.  Notes deleted from my evernote web are deleted from my PC. 

It was working fine till this afternoon and then it suddenly stopped working :(

Are the notes that are not syncing in a local or synced notebook?

They are in synced notebook.

I have around 500 Notes and all of them are in synced notebooks.

Out of these 500, approximately 350 have been edited by me on my PC and it got synced back to web.

But it suddenly stopped working today. 

ah! after struggling with it for around 5-6 hours i finally fixed it within minutes of posting my problem on the evernote forum.

Steps I think worked for me :

1. Go to your evernote Database folder. You can get the path from Tools->options->General->Open database folder.

2.optional step : Copy this database folder to some other drive. This step is only for being on a safer side.

3. Rename actual database folder to anything you want to.

4. Exit evernote client

5. Open evernote client. Enter your password and let evernote do everything for you.

If it doesn't do anything on its own press the sync button.

ah! after struggling with it for around 5-6 hours i finally fixed it within minutes of posting my problem on the evernote forum.

1. Go to your evernote Database folder. You can get the path from Tools->options->General->Open database folder.

2.optional step : Copy this database folder to some other drive. This step is only for being on a safer side.

4. Exit evernote client

5. Open evernote client. Enter your password and let evernote do everything for you.

Please stop cross posting. It makes it hard for those reading the threads later, since the info is fragmented across multiple threads. I posted a reply to your other post here:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/35161-syncing-with-pc/?p=240615

• 2 years later...

I had a similar problem. 

And the simple solution I found might help people if the same issues happens   

Problem: All of a sudden, notes modified/created on my PC will simply not sync/upload to the server.

Tried the database tweak, but doing so will cause me losing all of my notes created/modified after Evernote stopped syncing. 

Solution:

Simply sign out your Evernote account and sign in again. That worked like magic.  

More explanation:

the reason why this could work for me: I opened the Evernote Applog files, and in the most recents ones I found a lot of failed syncing results due to invalid username or passwords. The gave me the idea.

A final tip:

change your passwords after this. I am sure my account is quite safe, but just be cautious

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2013 at 4:54 PM, d0_do said:

4. Exit evernote client

This worked, thank you!

Archived