(Archived) Storage limit

Hi all,

Can someone help me clear out about the storage limit.

I read this:

There is no storage limit with any Evernote account; however, there is a monthly upload limit. For premium account holders, Evernote recently upgraded this upload limit to 1 gigabyte per month. Free users have an upload limit of 60 megabytes per month. Once you upload an item, it is supposed to be in your account forever, unless you delete it. Therefore, if your premium status ever lapses, you will still have access to all of the notes you uploaded when you were a premium user.

Thats also what i thought but that means that you can upload and save information as much as you want with a rate off 60MB per month. Makes 720MB per year and over 7GB over 10 years.

Will the storage data be saved / cleared out or will it stack?

• Level 5*

Hi all,

Can someone help me clear out about the storage limit.

I read this:

There is no storage limit with any Evernote account; however, there is a monthly upload limit. For premium account holders, Evernote recently upgraded this upload limit to 1 gigabyte per month. Free users have an upload limit of 60 megabytes per month. Once you upload an item, it is supposed to be in your account forever, unless you delete it. Therefore, if your premium status ever lapses, you will still have access to all of the notes you uploaded when you were a premium user.

Thats also what i thought but that means that you can upload and save information as much as you want with a rate off 60MB per month. Makes 720MB per year and over 7GB over 10 years.

Will the storage data be saved / cleared out or will it stack?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. This should answer your question.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

Hi GrumpyMonkey,

Thanks for the link.

This means free users have a limit off 100.000 notes with a maximum off 25MB per note.

100.000 x 25 MB makes around 19TB storage limit!!???

Of course there is a monthly upload limit off 60MB but still 19TB storage space sounds better then dropbox haha.

• Level 5*

Hi GrumpyMonkey,

Thanks for the link.

This means free users have a limit off 100.000 notes with a maximum off 25MB per note.

100.000 x 25 MB makes around 19TB storage limit!!???

Of course there is a monthly upload limit off 60MB but still 19TB storage space sounds better then dropbox haha.

Glad I could help. I'm not sure how you got that number. As I said in the link, 9.5 TB is the upper limit (according to my calculations) for Premium users, who can have up to 100 MB per note. Did I do the math incorrectly?

• Level 5*

I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near that limit. It's somewhat theoretical; practical limitations of the client software and the Internet make it somewhat less feasible, as I'm sure some folks here would testify.

• Level 5*

I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near that limit. It's somewhat theoretical; practical limitations of the client software and the Internet make it somewhat less feasible, as I'm sure some folks here would testify.

Yep :)

I have more information on my blog about how I use Evernote, and the reason why I have only about two GB of data in Evernote after five+ years of usage instead of twenty or thirty times that amount. Evernote has a lot of potential, and I expect that it will improve scalability over time, but at the moment (sorry to say), there are practical limits to usage that make large databases unfeasible.

Archived