(Archived) Problems with my Jot Script

Fenjen

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with my jot script. If I write with my pen tilted to the right (holding it as I would a pen) the line will not be under the tip of the stylus, it only will if I hold it straight up (and if I tilt it to the left the line will be left of the tip). This makes the stylus unusable to me. Is anyone having this or is this a factory defect? (This is actually completely unrelated to penultimate, the pen will do this in any app, and yes it is connected via Bluetooth 4 with my mini in penultimate but that doesn't help)

I added a photo in which you can see how far the line is from the tip when I hold the stylus like In a writing angle, drawing a vertical line.

post-160951-0-11086000-1384050666_thumb.

Can anyone please tell me wether their Script works fine or not? (Wether the line is under the tip when holding the stylus angled or not)

As far as I know I haven't seen one reported it works as advertised, based on screen orientations and pen holding positions/angles it will have offset to different extents, but the direction of offset seems to be consistent. I found that it works better when you use it in portrait mode, but stil the experience is very spotty.

I guess I'm not the only one who asked for a return.

Adonit told me they where working on this offset (it can probably be fixed with the SDK). You should know that, if you don't pair the stylus with the iPad, not only does the stylus still work (as long as it is powered on), but most importantly the offset is way smaller. As a mater of fact, that's how I use it, at least for now.

Although, I made a video to show the Script in action with my favorite note taking app, GoodNotes. You can watch it here.

Archived