"Could not sync note" "It is too large"...but there's not a large note.

I recorded a meeting in a different app on my iPhone (iOS 7), then exported it to EN, unaware the file was larger than 100Mb. Obviously, EN refused to sync it.

Went back to the recording app, exported the recording to Dropbox instead, then deleted the it from the recording app.

Went into EN, searched for the (too large) note, and deleted it.

Quit the recording app. Quit EN. Relaunched EN.

Even though the file's been removed from the phone, the app continues to refuse sync, saying the (now deleted) file is still too large.

The file's not there (in EN or the recording app). What do I do...? Definitely need the phone to resume syncing.

I submitted a Support Request through the phone, complete with logs, but haven't received a response.

Here's the first error screen:

bdfxC.jpg

Here's the "send to Support" screen. The one I sent included the info above, about having deleted the large file from both EN and the recording app.

tSyjo.jpg

• Level 5*

I recorded a meeting in a different app on my iPhone (iOS 7), then exported it to EN, unaware the file was larger than 100Mb. Obviously, EN refused to sync it.

Went back to the recording app, exported the recording to Dropbox instead, then deleted the it from the recording app.

Went into EN, searched for the (too large) note, and deleted it.

Quit the recording app. Quit EN. Relaunched EN.

Even though the file's been removed from the phone, the app continues to refuse sync, saying the (now deleted) file is still too large.

The file's not there (in EN or the recording app). What do I do...? Definitely need the phone to resume syncing.

I submitted a Support Request through the phone, complete with logs, but haven't received a response.

Here's the first error screen:

bdfxC.jpg

Here's the "send to Support" screen. The one I sent included the info above, about having deleted the large file from both EN and the recording app.

tSyjo.jpg

Did you get a support ticket number?

• Level 5*

I'd guess (and honestly this strikes me as one for support rather than us lot) that the app has it's knickers in a twist and the quickest fix will be to delete it and reinstall from iTunes.

Make sure you've emailed any other notes that aren't synced.

Did you get a support ticket number? 

Oddly, no--am getting no response from Support whatsoever. Sent it to them via the app two? three? times (with the logs attached), but still nothing.

So here I am, in the forums, hoping someone recognizes the problem and has a solution.

Make sure you've emailed any other notes that aren't synced.

I know how to identify those in the desktop app, but how do you do it in the mobile app (iOS 7)? 

EDIT:

Never mind...just sorted all notes by date, then compared the most recent to my laptop. 

If you didn't get a ticket number then there isn't one.

Sounds to me like the app has had a nervous breakdown.

That's my guess too. Odd, since I used the in-app buttons to send the message to Support, complete with attached logs.

Sounds to me like the app has had a nervous breakdown.

On more than one front. ;)

Per the wise suggestions here, I deleted the app from the phone, re-installed, waited for it to re-populate, and seem to be on solid ground again. While reviewing my settings in the Account panel, I noticed a "Clear cache" button. Didn't know that was there before, and am wondering (in hindsight) if that might have fixed the problem.

Still....the fact Support may or may not have received the support requests from the app makes me think delete/reinstall was the right way to go.

Thanks, all!

• 9 months later...

I have the identical problem.  Recorded a note that is too large, believe I have deleted it, bu Sync still is convinced the file is out there somewhere between my four devices and won't accept that the file is deleted.  What I have not tried is to methodically go through every device to be sure the file isn't resident there.  

And, BTW, I submitted a support ticket and had no response.  

• Level 5*

I have the identical problem.  Recorded a note that is too large, believe I have deleted it, bu Sync still is convinced the file is out there somewhere between my four devices and won't accept that the file is deleted.  What I have not tried is to methodically go through every device to be sure the file isn't resident there.  

And, BTW, I submitted a support ticket and had no response.  

What's the ticket number - and have you looked in the Trash notebook?

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem, but then realized I was still syncing automatically with a shared notebook from a previous client, where they could have put something in the shared notebook that I could not download.  I also emptied the trash in Evernote. One of these two actions cleared up the error for me.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
On 22/03/2017 at 9:22 PM, mmorenor@outlook.cl said:

Same problem here, not a real solution from Evernote. It seems that the mic cable is the ** only ** way to save the audio and get it out from EN. Welcome to the 21st century solutions.....

Hi.  You should be able to save the AMR or WAV file from the note to anywhere your heart desires.  How big is your file and what exactly is your issue?  Oh and what OS and Evernote version are you using?

NB We're a -mainly- user-supported forum,  not a direct line to the company.  You should contact Support if you're a paying customer or tweet them if not..  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action or https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Archived