(Archived) Local notebook!

Hello there

I have been an evernote user for sometime , and i want to start taking my files on my ipad to clients rather than hard copys .

So i basically want to be able to download from my evernote desktop a client file and as i am a premium user download it to the iPad . However due to storage space on the ipad once i have met with the client i then wish to delete the file from the ipad once i return to the office but obvously not delete the main file on the desktop .

I am concerned that once i have finished with the file on the iPad and delete it , once sycronised the file on the desktop will also be deleted ?.

so how can i make this work . Any help much appriciated ....

• Level 5*

DO NOT DELETE NOTES ON YOUR IPAD TO SAVE SPACE!! It will end up deleting the note from your account (though it will probably wind up in the Trash). This is not the way to do things in Evernote.

First off, local notebooks are, in Evernote, available on the desktop clients only (Mac & Windows). You may be thinking of offline notebooks, which are notebooks on a mobile client (e.g. iOS or Android) that are guaranteed to be available on the device, even when you're offline (they must be synced to the device, obviously), Offline notebooks are a premium feature, and are designated on a per-device basis (meaning that you can have a notebook that is offline on one device but not offline on a different device).

So it sounds like you want to mark a client's notebook as offline and let it sync before you visit them, and then mark it as normal (non-offline, in other words) when you're done. That should work fine.

thanks yes i understand that! and of course you are right "offline". However by doing it this way does that mean i can delete the offline file from my ipad after i have finished with it without deleting my desktop file ?. Or does that mean that when i am done and i mark it non offline it then simple no longer appears offline on the ipad , so in other words evernote recovers the file back to the cloud ?.

• Level 5*

Unless you really really know what you are doing, do not delete any files from your storage, and don't delete any notes from your account. Just mark the folder as offline, and let Evernote do the rest.  Your notes never left the cloud (they just got synced to the iPad), so you don't need to recover any notes back to the cloud.

Archived