(Archived) Frustrated Business User

ianfm

I must say I am becoming increasingly dispondent with Evernote. I wonder if other business users are experiencing a lack of support of late.

I had a problem with syncing and raised a support ticket, no one got back to me after 24 hours so I went on to the help chat and after a long discussion I was told that the issue would be looked at and someone would get back to me within an hour. After 48 hours I heard nothing then I got a message saying it was a bug and would be reported to the developer team. No solution so I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall evernote to get the sync working.

I then had a problem with the web clipper not clipping emails, although the email would clip I was not seeing any of the body text. I submitted a support ticket and the reply was that it was a bug and there was nothing that could be done until the developer team had found a solution.

Also I experience random crashes, I have lost count of how many times I have reported these crashes but have not yet received one response.

As a business user paying double subscription per user than the premium rate I would expect better service from EN business. I am serious about my business and if I don't keep my paying clients happy I lose them. I can't afford to have unreliable software hampering my productivity and taking up my time with unstable issues and crashes. I really think EN business should treat their business clients with more respect and honesty. 

• Level 5*

I must say I am becoming increasingly dispondent with Evernote. I wonder if other business users are experiencing a lack of support of late.

I had a problem with syncing and raised a support ticket, no one got back to me after 24 hours so I went on to the help chat and after a long discussion I was told that the issue would be looked at and someone would get back to me within an hour. After 48 hours I heard nothing then I got a message saying it was a bug and would be reported to the developer team. No solution so I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall evernote to get the sync working.

I then had a problem with the web clipper not clipping emails, although the email would clip I was not seeing any of the body text. I submitted a support ticket and the reply was that it was a bug and there was nothing that could be done until the developer team had found a solution.

Also I experience random crashes, I have lost count of how many times I have reported these crashes but have not yet received one response.

As a business user paying double subscription per user than the premium rate I would expect better service from EN business. I am serious about my business and if I don't keep my paying clients happy I lose them. I can't afford to have unreliable software hampering my productivity and taking up my time with unstable issues and crashes. I really think EN business should treat their business clients with more respect and honesty.

Hi. Sorry to hear about the problem. Could you give us your support ticket number? This will help bring it to the attention of customer service, and hopefully they can escalate your case.

Hi Ian,

I can only re state Grumpy's thoughts. Not a good situation with regards to support and not one I have experienced from Evernote.

As to your problems, I have not experienced the first two but do have a lot of crashes during the day. Most of mine seem to occur when I search all of my Notes. Keep sending them reports via the window which pops up and hoping that someone is working on it!

As Grumpy suggests, can you put your support ticket number on here, that way we can get it moving faster for you.

Best regards

Chris

Support tickets are:

#214216 - Web clipper

#174158 - Unable to synce, though as I said I solved this by uninstalling and re-installing evernote. What annoyed me was the slowness of dealing with this given that it caused me so much problem businesswise because I was unable to sync and it prevented access to notes on mobile devices that had been created on the windows PC. This is the point I am trying to make about business practice, It actually delayed an important task that had to be done out in the field because vital notes had not been synced accross platforms. If EN are serious about supporting business then they really need to catch up.
  • Level 5*

Support tickets are:

#214216 - Web clipper

#174158 - Unable to synce, though as I said I solved this by uninstalling and re-installing evernote. What annoyed me was the slowness of dealing with this given that it caused me so much problem businesswise because I was unable to sync and it prevented access to notes on mobile devices that had been created on the windows PC. This is the point I am trying to make about business practice, It actually delayed an important task that had to be done out in the field because vital notes had not been synced accross platforms. If EN are serious about supporting business then they really need to catch up.

Agreed. You paid for the top level support and you ought to be receiving it. We've flagged this post. Hopefully, they can get it straightened out and you'll have better interactions in the future.

I checked the ticket 174158 - I see that it initially came in on September 29th, however the time of day it came in was the end of the business day for the Customer Success team, so they handled it the first thing in the morning when they arrived. As you are paying for the top tier, you have a dedicated Customer Success team who know your account and the history of your company. Once that contact began, they responded within an hour each time, and then checked on you for a follow up after the case was resolved.

The same with ticket 214216. It came in at midnight and was answered when the team arrived in the morning at 7AM, then you responded 2 minutes later, and he again 5 minutes after that telling you that it is currently a bug and is being worked on.

I checked the ticket 174158 - I see that it initially came in on September 29th, however the time of day it came in was the end of the business day for the Customer Success team, so they handled it the first thing in the morning when they arrived. As you are paying for the top tier, you have a dedicated Customer Success team who know your account and the history of your company. Once that contact began, they responded within an hour each time, and then checked on you for a follow up after the case was resolved.

The same with ticket 214216. It came in at midnight and was answered when the team arrived in the morning at 7AM, then you responded 2 minutes later, and he again 5 minutes after that telling you that it is currently a bug and is being worked on.

Regarding ticket 174158 this was not my experience with this problem. I did not have any response to my initial enquiry of the 29 September until I instigated a chat session on the 30 September that I had any response, coincidentally as soon as I had mentioned in the chat session that I had not had a response and email arrived in my inbox saying you were looking into the problem. I was told in the chat that I would be contacted within an hour but never was, it was the next day 1 October that I had an email saying that you were still looking into the problem and then the next communication I had from you was one week later on the 8 October when I was advised to download an update by which time I had sorted the problem myself. After that the only other communication from you was the 14 October which was the follow up after the issue was resolved but I had left for my holidays then so was not able to respond.

• 3 weeks later...

I also had problems syncing recently and also experienced very slow response to my request for assistance. In the end I found a solution myself. 

1. Log out of EN

2. Copy and paste the .exb database file to the desktop, then delete the original database file. The database file can be found in file, options, database folder.

3. Once deleted open EN and log in. EN Windows will then sync.

I have over 1600 notebooks so syncing took a long time but it resolved the issue.

After 7 days I eventually received a support reply.

Archived