Feature Request: Commenting on Notes

akrde

Idea

7 replies to this idea

I think this is a great idea. I know you could argue that you can converse in the note itself but it's not quite the same.

Would be nice to be able to have comments on a note that is actually locked for editing. Say ones with important company policies in that you would only want to be actually updated by the relevant HR Manager or whoever.

I believe I may have seen some type of 3rd party add-on that enables this type of functionality, though when I looked at it, it did not look very smooth, as it requires logging onto an additional service.  I agree this would be an incredible feature for the business product and would go a very long way towards turning it into a true collaboration product.

I strongly agree. In order to truly facilitate collaboration, it would be great to see Evernote adding a "discussion" or "comment" feature to Notes.

The example I was discussion with customer support is if I wanted to share a relevant article or website with some colleagues. I'd like to be able to save a note using Web Clipper, and then have a way for other collaborators of that notebook comment on the article and discuss with each other. The current problem is that, even if another user "edits" the note and adds a comment, there isn't a way to see who made that comment. I would definitely want this feature to be available in mobile form as well.

A workaround could be to always have users identify themselves when leaving a comment, or use different colors (for example, in Skitch), but that seems to be a fairly clunky workaround.

Other users' thoughts on how they handle this would be welcome.

We use Evernote Business for a few projects and we run into this exact issue. It's a bit clunky to have a discussion in the note itself. I would rather see something like comments on notes as a premium or business function. There are 3rd party apps like Basecamp, Asana and Slack that offer this kind of discussion, but lack a good integration of Evernote Business.

Right now we use Google+ to discuss and collaborate on projects and use Business to share files and ideas. Not the best way of working....

• Like 1
  • Level 5

One work-around could be to create a 2nd note for comments.

Then paste the link (for the comment note) at the bottom of the original note.

The link could be re-named to something like: "Click here to add comments".

This work-around would avoid the need for integration because both are already inside Evernote.

And it would be easy to implement and train other employees.

Yes, this does mean an extra comment note for each original that generates comments.

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea. I know you could argue that you can converse in the note itself but it's not quite the same.

Would be nice to be able to have comments on a note that is actually locked for editing. Say ones with important company policies in that you would only want to be actually updated by the relevant HR Manager or whoever.

Exact use case that we want.