(Archived) The Search Tool in Evernote 5 for Windows Desktop fails to pick up Web Clipper-derived contents

When I type, for example, the title of some article that was captured by Web Clipper on the online Evernote platform search bar, the results are clear and coherent. But when I do the same in Evernote Desktop, they just don't show up unless I repeat the search by putting those exact words in quotation marks. Is there any configuration that I'm missing?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hmmm, I'm guessing that the original poster didn't ask the question to hear people whining about Evernote 5 without trying to address the question (or even with any specific complaints about EN 5).

Anyways, back on topic:

When I type, for example, the title of some article that was captured by Web Clipper on the online Evernote platform search bar, the results are clear and coherent. But when I do the same in Evernote Desktop, they just don't show up unless I repeat the search by putting those exact words in quotation marks. Is there any configuration that I'm missing?

Thanks

I'm not quite understanding the issue. Are you saying that the web client search operates differently than the desktop client does in terms of title search on the same note? Are you using the "intitle:" search term? A more specific example might help. 

OK, so I tried a simple test using the "intitle:" search term. What's weird is that I don't see intitle: working on the web client at all (on the Chrome browser, not sure that that makes a difference). I do see intitle: working on the desktop client, with the following caveat: you need to either do an exact match on a word in the title (upper/lower case doesn't matter), or use a '*' wildcard at the end of the intitle: text. I didn't need to quote the arguments. For example: I was looking for an article that had the word "Improve" in its title.

On the web client, I couldn't get a match using any configuration, e.g., intitle:Improveintitle:"Improve", or intitle:Impr*

On the desktop, intitle:Improve worked, so did intitle:"Improve", and so did or intitle:Impr*

Not sure what the problem is, or if my test matches your situation.

Archived