Evernote Toolbar is missing

NimueLa

Idea

I would love some assistance with re-discovering my Evernote Toolbar. It is missing.

I have tried every possible exploration, but I cannot change font, add check boxes, or any other useful thing besides type text into a document.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you.

10 replies to this idea

I don't have a toolbar either.  My problem is I've never had one so I didn't even know it was missing and I'm a premium user.  Also there's supposed to be a popup box when you right click that allows you to link notes but I don't have that either.

Hi Betty,

I have to say that I do feel better having some company in my toolbar dilemma! Maybe someone will come along and help us out.

I will contact Evernote directly and see if I can get some help. The toolbar is pretty wonderful, when it exists!

I use evernote with OS X and the problem exists on both the on-line and off-line versions.  I also have the iphone/ipod version that I use on those two entitites.  I don't see the toolbar or have the pop-up box that allows links on any of these.

I just stumbled upon a work around.  Choose a word on one of your notes, highlight it (you know. click ,hold and drag to cover it in blue) , go to edit, drop down to Transformations on edit menu, change word to upper or lower case, my toolbar came back magically after this step...

I'm sure there is a more formal 'correct' way to do this..... but honestly, I could not find an answer after reading all the posts. 

vbehr: your trick worked, thank you so much! 

I'm guessing this same problem began for me when I upgraded to 5.5.2. 

Actually, I only had to select some text, and then the toolbar showed up. The toolbar seems to disappear when you're not using it, and I wonder if that's some confusing new "feature".

I attached two screen grabs:

1) shows that no toolbar is showing. That's when I've selected the note, but haven't yet put my cursor in the text.

post-151130-0-65276300-1405368765_thumb.

2) shows the toolbar after I've highlighted the text, or otherwise put my cursor within the note's text.

post-151130-0-71209500-1405368764_thumb.

On a side note: anyone have Evernote's blue syncing "circle of arrows" get stuck, to the point that you had to force quit Evernote after the syncing prevented you from being able to normally quit the application? Sorry if this is bringing up a separate topic.

My system details:

Mac 10.7.5

Evernote 5.5.2

• Level 5

Actually, I only had to select some text, and then the toolbar showed up. The toolbar seems to disappear when you're not using it, and I wonder if that's some confusing new "feature".

This is not new behaviour. The edit toolbar only appears when your cursor is inside the note editor. 

Archived