Webclipper not working with Safari 7

Alastair

I recently updated to Safari 7 and the new Apple Mavericks operating system. Unfortunately the evernote web clipper has stopped it's right click functionality but for the ability to clip an image. The button itself on the toolbar still works but the right click options are inactive.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

A lot of the problems with Safari 7 and Mavericks seem to be related to install not clearing some caches or so. The following trick helped me with Evernote Web Clipper. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5477939?start=0&tstart=0

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account.  Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal.
  • 5 months later...

A lot of the problems with Safari 7 and Mavericks seem to be related to install not clearing some caches or so. The following trick helped me with Evernote Web Clipper. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5477939?start=0&tstart=0

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account.  Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal.

This worked for me - thanks Toum!

Archived