Did not receive reward points

I have been using Evernote basic for a few days. Since, the application was reaching its limit, I sent a couple of referrals and both of my friends are using Evernote now. But I didn't get any reward points. I didn't get any notification, email or anything. What am I missing here?

• Level 5*

Did you sign your friends up?  Did they use your introduction to join? - and I'd imagine it needs more than a couple of days' use for any reward points to be allocated.  Have a look at the rewards scheme details again and check what timescales are involved..

Yes I did sign my friend (one friend, my colleague) up. Yes she used the link she received in the evernote invite I sent her, to sign up. She is a member since October 31st and she is just getting the hang of things. She has put up may be one or two notes till now. 

Where can I find these reward schemes timescales?

I went through the knowledge base and other articles and it doesnt say anywhere about timescales. It doesnt say anywhere about the minimum number of users I need to send invites to, to get the premium membership. 

Why isn't this working. 

Again, if you wish to check, the other person's id is jst1lyf@gmail.com

Thank you for you response. :-)

I just got my dad online as well. I Still havent got any additional space. What is going on?

Please help.

Thank you.

First, Evernote does not allocate "space". Evernote has an upload limit per month. IOW, you can upload 60 megabytes per month with a free account. If you upload 50 megabytes each month, at the end of six months, you'll have 300 megabytes of data in your account.

Second, I am not aware of any Evernote offers where you get additional upload amounts by signing up others. Please post a link to what you are talking about.

• Level 5

I am not aware of any Evernote offers where you get additional upload amounts by signing up others. Please post a link to what you are talking about.

On the evernote web site there is an offer that you get points when you invite people to use evernote. For 10 points you get one month premium.
  • Level 5*

OK well first you may already have actually been awarded points.  Have you checked your account page?  

-You need to take some action to have them exchanged for a benefit of your choice.

Secondly the rules seem pretty straightforward - and if you followed the links for how to refer someone you should also have seen the Knowledge Base Article that deals with this.

If you want to look at the terms and conditions behind the allocation and use of points,  they're here.

If you still don't have any points yet,  and you - and your referrals - did observe all the terms and conditions,  I'd recommend using the contact page to raise a query with Evernote...

First, Evernote does not allocate "space". Evernote has an upload limit per month. IOW, you can upload 60 megabytes per month with a free account. If you upload 50 megabytes each month, at the end of six months, you'll have 300 megabytes of data in your account.

Second, I am not aware of any Evernote offers where you get additional upload amounts by signing up others. Please post a link to what you are talking about.

Sorry, I meant my Upload limit has expired, well, its only 2.5KB left. And I have some crucial information I wish to sync. Thats why I have been looking for a solution to the problem. 

And, yes Evernote does provide the option to get additional upload limit by simply referring people to use the product. 

On the account settings page, there is link for "Evernote Points". This is what it says there: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Refer Friends. Get Points.

Refer friends to Evernote and earn points to redeem for Evernote Premium and other rewards.

When your friends get started, they'll get one month of Premium too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link for this: https://www.evernote.com/Points.action

Sorry, I meant my Upload limit has expired, well, its only 2.5KB left. And I have some crucial information I wish to sync. Thats why I have been looking for a solution to the problem. 

And, yes Evernote does provide the option to get additional upload limit by simply referring people to use the product. 

On the account settings page, there is link for "Evernote Points". This is what it says there: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Refer Friends. Get Points.

Refer friends to Evernote and earn points to redeem for Evernote Premium and other rewards.

When your friends get started, they'll get one month of Premium too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link for this: https://www.evernote.com/Points.action

Ok, thanks. I think Gaz is right. It doesn't sound like your upload limit is automatically increased b/c you are rewarded points & need to specify what you want to use them for.

OK well first you may already have actually been awarded points.  Have you checked your account page?  

-You need to take some action to have them exchanged for a benefit of your choice.

Secondly the rules seem pretty straightforward - and if you followed the links for how to refer someone you should also have seen the Knowledge Base Article that deals with this.

If you want to look at the terms and conditions behind the allocation and use of points,  they're here.

If you still don't have any points yet,  and you - and your referrals - did observe all the terms and conditions,  I'd recommend using the contact page to raise a query with Evernote...

Here is the snap of what my points page looks like, 

1459937_561397880581310_754732090_n.jpg

I did contact the Evernote team for support. This is my Ticket id# 219982 . 

I am waiting to hear from them. Its been only two days since I created the Ticket and I suppose it may take them a couple more days to respond. 

If this doesn't work then I guess I won't have any other option but to pay for this...

Another important thing is that the three people who I did send the referrals to, they also received just the Basic 60MB upload limit instead of the 1GB as mentioned in the Evernote referral email that they got from me.  (Yes they did use the link in the email, I sent them, for signing up).

I did contact the Evernote team for support. This is my Ticket id# 219982 .

I am waiting to hear from them. Its been only two days since I created the Ticket and I suppose it may take them a couple more days to respond.

If this doesn't work then I guess I won't have any other option but to pay for this...

Another important thing is that the three people who I did send the referrals to, they also received just the Basic 60MB upload limit instead of the 1GB as mentioned in the Evernote referral email that they got from me. (Yes they did use the link in the email, I sent them, for signing up).

Ok, it sounds like a support ticket is the way to go. FYI, normal support hours are business days, so it's not unexpected that you have not heard back, if you created the ticket on Friday.

Good luck.

Ok, it sounds like a support ticket is the way to go. FYI, normal support hours are business days, so it's not unexpected that you have not heard back, if you created the ticket on Friday.

Good luck.

Thank you...

I will post what I hear from them. :-)

I was actually having the same problem, and I'm thinking of upgrading to Premium but wanted to try it out first, so I told a few people about Evernote and know for a fact at least two of them signed up because we spoke about it.

Anyway I did a little further research, and the reason (at least for me) the points didn't come in is because they had to actually DOWNLOAD, INSTALL AND LOG-IN to the app on a windows or PC computer.  Once my friend did this on her PC, my points came to me within seconds.  Are you sure your friend downloaded it onto her computer?   I'm talking about the evernote installation onto windows/mac, not just accessing it via an internet browser.

• 1 month later...

@Abhishek1

Did you head anything from them?

I'm in the same situation. Have successfully invited two of my friends but have not got the points.

Oh yes... I did hear from them. 

It took a few days for that to happen. But I was awarded the 10 points for that referral. 

I had to raise a ticket to get in touch with them. I recommend you do the same please. 

I was actually having the same problem, and I'm thinking of upgrading to Premium but wanted to try it out first, so I told a few people about Evernote and know for a fact at least two of them signed up because we spoke about it.

Anyway I did a little further research, and the reason (at least for me) the points didn't come in is because they had to actually DOWNLOAD, INSTALL AND LOG-IN to the app on a windows or PC computer.  Once my friend did this on her PC, my points came to me within seconds.  Are you sure your friend downloaded it onto her computer?   I'm talking about the evernote installation onto windows/mac, not just accessing it via an internet browser.

Actually I did try these things... But it did not work. There was something wrong with it. It only got resolved by the evernote team. 

Thank you for the reply though. 

• 3 months later...

A week ago I invited three friends in order to receive points to upgrade to the Premium version. Two of them downloaded the program and registered themselves. Nor I, nor my friends received  these award points. Being a longtime Evenote user, I'm a little disappointed because i thought it was a way to figure out premium is something for me.

• Level 5*

It seems from the thread that points take "a few days" to be awarded,  so a week isn't exactly a fail yet.  If you're concerned,  submit a support ticket (see below) so the customer service team can get involved.

A week ago I invited three friends in order to receive points to upgrade to the Premium version. Two of them downloaded the program and registered themselves. Nor I, nor my friends received  these award points. Being a longtime Evenote user, I'm a little disappointed because i thought it was a way to figure out premium is something for me.

@Rickgoodi, I absolutely understand what you mean and how this feels. I felt the same when I was at your position. And the one thing that worked for me was raising an issue with the support team. It takes a little while but then you get it to work. Also, I must say that the support team is excellent. They DO resolve the issue. I was allocated the points and there is no reason to think your issue will not be resolved. 

Do that and you will be sorted. 

It seems from the thread that points take "a few days" to be awarded,  so a week isn't exactly a fail yet.  If you're concerned,  submit a support ticket (see below) so the customer service team can get involved.

You are doing a good job. I would like the take a couple of seconds to thank you for guiding me and the others here. 

Good Job.

• Level 5*

You are doing a good job. I would like the take a couple of seconds to thank you for guiding me and the others here. 

Good Job.

Thank you.

@gazumped and Abhishek1, thank you both.

Unfortunately when I try to formulate my request at the support page, the checkbox "I need help with*" doesn't work and gives only "select one ..." . So I can't submit my question.

I there another way to reach the support team?

• Level 5*

@gazumped and Abhishek1, thank you both.

Unfortunately when I try to formulate my request at the support page, the checkbox "I need help with*" doesn't work and gives only "select one ..." . So I can't submit my question.

I there another way to reach the support team?

Just tried that both signing in and as a guest - I agree,  the 'help with' drop down doesn't seem to work.  I reported this to Evernote so you should hear back from them soon (a 'few days' probably..)

• 1 month later...

Yes I have the same problem as well. I referred TWO friends recently and have not yet got ANY rewards,which is a little bit frustrating.

How frequent? around ONE month ago,I referred one and last week I referred another one. No rewards! Then I tried to email them to complain. No feedback.

Evernote can you please improve your customer service?!

• Level 5*

Yes I have the same problem as well. I referred TWO friends recently and have not yet got ANY rewards,which is a little bit frustrating.

How frequent? around ONE month ago,I referred one and last week I referred another one. No rewards! Then I tried to email them to complain. No feedback.

Evernote can you please improve your customer service?!

Hi - we're (mostly) not Evernote staff here,  so we don't exactly have any customers that I'm aware of,  and AFAIK Evernote don't have an email address that you can complain via.  As we already said - if you have a problem please use the support link below;  and bear in mind it's not enough just to invite someone - they have to use the service too...

Like several others here, I didn't receive any point for the two referrals (first ever) I made, both of which signed up from the link I sent them, and they didn't get any the complimentary free premium (for a month) either. I sent in a support ticket on June 1, got an automated reply saying my support ticket had been received, but haven't heard from them since. Anything else I can do here? Thanks.

• Level 5*

Like several others here, I didn't receive any point for the two referrals (first ever) I made, both of which signed up from the link I sent them, and they didn't get any the complimentary free premium (for a month) either. I sent in a support ticket on June 1, got an automated reply saying my support ticket had been received, but haven't heard from them since. Anything else I can do here? Thanks.

Support don't work weekends so they had 4 days last week after a public holiday to look at your query.  I'd think you will hear more in the next few days - if you don't,  post your ticket number here and we'll flag it.

Support don't work weekends so they had 4 days last week after a public holiday to look at your query.  I'd think you will hear more in the next few days - if you don't,  post your ticket number here and we'll flag it.

OK. Didn't know about the holidays. Still, a more-than-4-days wait is kind of long. Longest I've be with online customer support except perhaps government agencies.

That said, I'll wait a little longer. Thanks.

ps. do I need to do anything to kill the other thread I started?

• Level 5*

OK. Didn't know about the holidays. Still, a more-than-4-days wait is kind of long. Longest I've be with online customer support except perhaps government agencies.

That said, I'll wait a little longer. Thanks.

ps. do I need to do anything to kill the other thread I started?

Nope - I responded there already.

• Level 5*

Does that mean there are too many complains against owning points, evernote choose to ignore it?!

I'd think it means that with a variety of other support requests on hand,  missing points credit gets a relatively low priority since it's not preventing you (or anyone else) running the service,  plus it may take some time to run down whether any referrals have been taken up.  Evernote support is available on working days only,  so you've had to wait 5 days so far.  If you don't hear more in the next day or two please post again and I'll flag the request for you.

Does that mean there are too many complains against owning points, evernote choose to ignore it?!

I've flagged your post and ticket number for staff, hopefully this gets some heat on it quickly.

I assure you Evernote does NOT systematically ignore any support ticket. Barring some error or glitch they should address all submitted tickets.

• 1 month later...

Hello, would someone be kind enough to flag a ticket (Ticket # 646682) to the Evernote staff for me?

I sent out an inquiry about whether I would get the referral credits for asking my friend to sign up (she used my referral email to create an account and install Evernote on her PC).

Reading the replies, it looks like this is a common problem, and I was hoping to accelerate the process.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hello, would someone be kind enough to flag a ticket (Ticket # 646682) to the Evernote staff for me?

I sent out an inquiry about whether I would get the referral credits for asking my friend to sign up (she used my referral email to create an account and install Evernote on her PC).

Reading the replies, it looks like this is a common problem, and I was hoping to accelerate the process.

Thanks!

When did you raise the support request?  That looks like a very recent number...

• Level 5*

OK I sympathise with the keenness but there are a few urgent tickets flying around at present and I'd prefer to give Evernote's normal process time to catch up - at least for a while - before flagging a credit issue.  Point allocations take time to go through anyhow,  and I'm not sure how soon the rules say you're entitled to collect - I'd have thought there was a minimum time for your introduction to use the service built in somewhere..

Give it a couple of weeks;  if you haven't got your credit automatically and there's still no reply to your ticket,  I'll gladly flag it for you...

Alright, thanks for the insight, it makes sense that there are some more urgent tickets.

I didn't see a minimum time, but I was hoping to give my friend a chance to try Evernote Premium right away.

Oh well, I'll keep an eye on my account, and thanks again!

Same problem here. I invited a friend, but neither me nor my friend did receive any points. My friend used the referral link to sign up. He has installed Evernote on Android and we share some notebooks. Still, we did not have been awarded points, which is a bit disappointing.

Same problem here. I invited a friend, but neither me nor my friend did receive any points. My friend used the referral link to sign up. He has installed Evernote on Android and we share some notebooks. Still, we did not have been awarded points, which is a bit disappointing.

Have you contacted support?

• Ex Employees

Thanks!

When did you raise the support request?  That looks like a very recent number...

You should be contacted shortly via email from the support team regarding your referral points :)

Thanks!

You should be contacted shortly via email from the support team regarding your referral points :)

Thanks a bunch!

• 5 months later...

I am having the same issue as other posters. I invited several people. More than one signed up, but I've only received points for one referral. I know that the others installed the app and have been using it. I am not able to submit a support ticket, because Evernote only gives direct support to premium members. I don't want to sign up for premium until I have points for a few months of premium, not just one month, as it stands.

Thanks in advance.  

• Ex Employees

I am having the same issue as other posters. I invited several people. More than one signed up, but I've only received points for one referral. I know that the others installed the app and have been using it. I am not able to submit a support ticket, because Evernote only gives direct support to premium members. I don't want to sign up for premium until I have points for a few months of premium, not just one month, as it stands.

Thanks in advance.  

If you create a support ticket and message back your ticket # I'd be happy to further investigate

Thanks in advance.  

If you create a support ticket and message back your ticket # I'd be happy to further investigate

Thanks, gazumped! 

Charboyd, my ticket number is 893924. 

Thanks again. 

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem as others. I invited several people and I know they signed up and use Evernote, but I received no points.

My ticket number is 935668

I received this ticket number two weeks ago but I have had no response.

• Level 5*

I have the same problem as others. I invited several people and I know they signed up and use Evernote, but I received no points.

We've said already that support work only weekdays / PST so you may not hear from them for a week or two - and they may be investigating what introductions they can actually trace from your account,  which also could take a little while.  I'm sure you'll hear soon,  if you haven't had something by now.

• Ex Employees

I've escalated your ticket in the queue. You should be contacted shortly :)

• 8 months later...

@Abhishek1

Did you head anything from them?

I'm in the same situation. Have successfully invited two of my friends but have not got the points.

Oh yes... I did hear from them. 

It took a few days for that to happen. But I was awarded the 10 points for that referral. 

I had to raise a ticket to get in touch with them. I recommend you do the same please. 

How long did it take for them to award you those 10 points?

If its a day or 2 i could wait, but if it is going to take longer than that i need to get to work and cannot postpone my work for too long.

PLease let me now how much time they took to  reward you with the points!

Thanks in advance !

Archived