(Archived) Feature Request: AutoCorrect (Replace text as you type)

I love this feature in MS products.  I have a number of product names that I am typing to clients (in emails) every day.  In Outlook and Word I can go into the AutoCorrect options and post an abbreviation that will be replaced by a word or words or words and symbols.  As an example...  When I type “CT” in a word doc or email, it is instantly replaced with “Quantum µCT”.  I would love to have this feature in EV.  

Lots of text expanders out there if you need one...whatever your OS.

Yes to text expanders.  NO to "auto correct".  Which tends to "auto ***** up" & creates texts & emails that are the butt of jokes & has spawned several websites dedicated to such "bloopers".  Just this morning, sending an email to my manager & "auto correct" on my iPad changed the word "unix" to "unicode" to generate an email that made no sense whatsoever.  Thankfully I proofed before tapping 'send'. 

• Level 5*

Depends how you work I guess..  I suffer from FFS - fat finger syndrome - in that while my digits are no less slim that most,  I seem to have this talent for hitting two keys at once.  In most of the software I use that gets instantly changed back to the correct spelling.  I have very very occasionally noticed that the replacement word I get is nonsense in the context of that sentence - but then I tend to read stuff as I type,  then re-read before I send so I've only rarely been caught out.  But yes,  in this case I was talking about just an expander that can take '#e' and make it into 'Evernote'.

Archived