Spotlight doesn’t find any Evernote notes

(OS X Mavericks 10.9, Evernote 5.4.1)

Until recently when I performed a Spotlight search on my iMac, Spotlight did returned notes - but when I clicked on them it said something like „This note belongs to a different account“. This happened under Mountain Lion and has not changed under Mavericks. So I took the opportunity and let Spotlight re-index my whole hard drive (deleted my whole Macintosh HD from Spotlight via Privacy tab and let it re-index from scratch). 

Now Spotlight doesn’t find any single one of my notes from Evernote any more!

I found similar reports on this forum, but they are older and suggest something like running console scripts or such, and I am not very fond of that (just a normal Mac guy ;).

So, does anybody have any advice what I should do to get Spotlight finding my Evernote notes?

• Level 5*

"Thanks for contacting us about this. This is a known issue that we are working with Apple on to resolve. We hope to have a fix super quick, but my apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime."

• Level 5*

No problems with Mavericks on my 2013 MBA. I'd suggest giving a try to re-indexing your drive, but I can understand if that sounds like to much trouble, because there does appear to be a bug somewhere, and this might not solve the problem. If you are interested, here are directions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2409?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

• Level 5

It is indeed an issue with the way Mavericks is processing our notes for searching. This is a *VERY* high priority issue for us and Apple is aware of it. As soon as we find a resolution, there'll be a bug fix release specifically for this issue.

• 1 month later...

always something broke with evernote and usually major reasons one chooses to come on board.  Clipper for chrome doesn't work and spotlight search evernote doesn't work.  Evernote and their fan boys always blame everyone else ...  But good news eventually they fix it but the problem is they obviously have ZERO relationships nor keep up with beta changes where their product sit and thus always get caught with their pants down and product broken.

always something broke with evernote and usually major reasons one chooses to come on board.  Clipper for chrome doesn't work and spotlight search evernote doesn't work.  Evernote and their fan boys always blame everyone else ...  But good news eventually they fix it but the problem is they obviously have ZERO relationships nor keep up with beta changes where their product sit and thus always get caught with their pants down and product broken.

I understand your frustration, and a part of the issue if Evernote's ambition. They appear to really be into rapid development, in addition to being radically cross-platform. 

With this set of ambitions, the possibility of something breaking or of breaking something is very HIGH.

1) Every time a new feature (or even a bug fix) is rolled out, it could potentially cause a break somewhere else, even with extensive beta testing. The impact of a new feature will differ on each platform as well, and sometimes the outcome could be unexpected or unanticipated, or could be harder to fix than expected. It may also require that other clients on different platforms also be modified to accommodate a fix in another client. 

2) In addition to Evernote breaking thing themselves is the possibility that an update to any of the supported OSs could break something. Of course there are developer previews for most OSs, think of all the supported platforms and the development schedule of each platform, officially annual for iOS and OSX, something around annual for Android and Windows, none of these occurring at the same time. This means for any given platform, a new release could break something that Evernote has to chase down while actively maintaining all other clients, ensuring a fix on one client doesn't create issues on another, updating other clients to accommodate the fix on the first, all while pursuing new features and fixing the problems they create for themselves with issue (1) above. 

This usually means that, when all clients are considered, they are almost perpetually hunting down bugs on one platform or another, many of which are the result of changes made to the host OS/Platform, and which may not be easily fixed during the developer preview period. 

This is not to excuse Evernote. Indeed there have been a number of gaffs that really make you wonder how they even made it out the door. But Evernote is ambitious and we are choosing to use (and pay for) the product and service of a pretty ambitious company, which means we choose to go along for the ride and hope our own needs don't get disrupted too badly along the way. 

Perhaps it would be nice if Evernote focused solely on stability and bug fixes, but when you look at the number of posts in these forums requesting features, a whole new set of users would rise up. Catch 22?

• Level 5*

Perhaps it would be nice if Evernote focused solely on stability and bug fixes, but when you look at the number of posts in these forums requesting features, a whole new set of users would rise up. Catch 22?

I think it would be a great idea to focus on stability and fixing bugs for at least one version.  At least then those of us who prefer a stable version vs new features would have a very good version to use. 

While my preference would be to have a much more stable version, with no material bugs, even if it means longer between updates, I could live with Evernote focusing only once a year on a version to make it be the primary version for that year that is very stable and relatively bug-free.

Any news on this issue? I just did a fresh install of Mavericks on my Mac and no evernote notes are being found in spotlight.

Thanks

Just tried this on 10.9 with Evernote 5.4.4 and evernote notes are showing up in Spotlight. 

Just tried and it's working for me as well.  At least so far. 

• Level 5

JM, We have been on bug fix releases now since 5.4.0 (we're at 5.4.4). We always do major feature releases with a major dot release. Then, bug fixes for several iterations afterwards.

TampaKevin, we did not break spotlight in 10.9. That leaves one culprit, who (for legal reasons) shall remain nameless :)

UPDATE REGARDING SPOTLIGHT ISSUE: as many of you noticed, we have found a fix for this issue in our direct download versions. However, this is (and will remain) an issue in Mac App Store builds for the foreseeable future. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

OK, all clear. Except where those direct downloads are hidden - could you provide a link please? All the ones I can find go to the App Store.

d.

Yes, please point out the direct downloads, thanks.

It used to be a secret page, then (according to my memory) it was the big green button, but now it is the little arrow next to the big green button. That will display a bunch of download options, and you just pick OSX.

• Level 5*

OK, all clear. Except where those direct downloads are hidden - could you provide a link please? All the ones I can find go to the App Store.

d.

It used to be a secret page, then (according to my memory) it was the big green button, but now it is the little arrow next to the big green button. That will display a bunch of download options, and you just pick OSX.

The way the Evernote download page is designed is very confusing -- poorly done IMO.

Evernote:  Why don't you make it obvious to all, and simply present TWO download buttons:

• Download from Evernote (recommended)
  • Download from Apple Mac App Store
  • Level 5*

d.

The way the Evernote download page is designed is very confusing -- poorly done IMO.

Evernote:  Why don't you make it obvious to all, and simply present TWO download buttons:

• Download from Evernote (recommended)
  • Download from Apple Mac App Store

Agreed. Ever since the appstore version appeared, this has been pretty confusing. Here is my blog post with a screenshot that shows how to find the hidden download.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

• 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight... if I download my Evernote from the Evernote site, I'll get my search back?

Yes. Evernote can much more rapidly push out patches through the direct download (from evernote.com), compared to the App Store, which requires individual approval.

Because of this, the fixed version of evernote is available directly, but has not yet made it through the Mac App Store. 

Hey Grumpy Monkey... Scott, too...

THANKS!!! It worked.  I've got my spotlight search back... love it!

Appreciate the help, guys.  The Evernote team, too.  Apple???  What's up?  Why can't they get the current version in the Apple Store?  Oh well.

Ken

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem.  I do not see an answer to this.

Has anyone have a current status of a fix?

Thanks,

-Rob

The version of Evernote currently available for download from http://www.evernote.com should work fine. The problem was fixed in January. If you still encounter problems, perhaps check System Preferences>Spotlight>Privacy to see if you accidentally excluded any part of your ~/Library directory. 

Jackolicious, can you elaborate?  I thought earlier in the thread you said the problem had been fixed for direct download versions.  Is that still true?  

I'm running Evernote 5.5, OS X 10.9.2  and when I migrated to a new MacBook Pro, I lost the Spotlight indexes.  Newly created notes are indexed, but the initial set from the migration are not. Would a new direct download version help me?  [FYI Evernote chat support thinks there is no workaround]

• Level 5*

Jackolicious, can you elaborate?  I thought earlier in the thread you said the problem had been fixed for direct download versions.  Is that still true?  

I'm running Evernote 5.5, OS X 10.9.2  and when I migrated to a new MacBook Pro, I lost the Spotlight indexes.  Newly created notes are indexed, but the initial set from the migration are not. Would a new direct download version help me?  [FYI Evernote chat support thinks there is no workaround]

Hi. I doubt a new download would help, but it never hurts (when I move to a new computer, I always start everything fresh). The easiest solution might just be re-indexing. See this suggestion here for details:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/48241-spotlight-search-in-evernote-for-mac/?p=264765

Ah that explains why this stopped working on both my iMac and MBA after mavericks. I can't believe Apple has been blocking this patch for this long (what is it - 6 months?) this is a feature I used daily. Is there another way to get notes out to the 'desktop space' if evernote is full screen? 

• Level 5*

Ah that explains why this stopped working on both my iMac and MBA after mavericks. I can't believe Apple has been blocking this patch for this long (what is it - 6 months?) this is a feature I used daily. Is there another way to get notes out to the 'desktop space' if evernote is full screen?

Hi. I'm not sure I follow. The solution to the Spotlight issue is to download the app directly from Evernote (see directions in posted link above). Getting notes out to the desktop space from full screen seems llike a different issue. What do you mean by getting them out?

Hi. I'm not sure I follow. The solution to the Spotlight issue is to download the app directly from Evernote (see directions in posted link above). Getting notes out to the desktop space from full screen seems llike a different issue. What do you mean by getting them out?

I'm not sure if you are familiar with OS X 'mission control' and 'spaces' but I'll try to explain.

I have Evernote running in fullscreen in one 'space' because between the shortcuts, note lists and notes Evernote really need all the real estate it can get, especially on a laptop. If you open a note in a separate window there is no easy way to get it out of that space (imagine you're working on a a document and need to reference a note). With spotlight you could just bring out that note on your main space which was nice. 

I did however find that if you full-screen a note and then exit fullscreen it will appear on the default desktop space. Not very elegant and several orders of magnitude slower than spotlight but it's at least possible. 

I personally finds the app store very convenient the way it updates seamlessly and syncs across computers so I get my apps going very fast. Spotlight not working is annoying enough that I'll switch to the url download version, but if the patch for the app store one is just waiting for Apple approval than I'd rather wait for that, the question is just: what is taking so long? 

Getting a note out of fullscreen Evernote is actually the easy part!

With the main Evernote window in full screen mode:

1)  double-click any note to open it in its own Window. As expected, this will open the note in a window overlaying the main evernote window.

2) Drag the note to the very left side of the screen and hold it there (as if you want to move it beyond the boundary of the screen). 

OR - while clicking and holding onto the top bar of the note window press ctrl-left arrow.

3) after about 2 seconds, you and your note will be taken to the adjacent desktop/space, thus freeing your note from the fullscreen Evernote space. 

Now, the unfortunate thing about this is that you cannot do the inverse to get that note BACK to the full screen Evernote space. 

It is hard to say whether refinements to this are Evernote's or Apple's domain, because Evernote will be limited in how much control it has over the behaviour of Spaces and Mission Control. 

As far as all of my testing has gone, spotlight brings up Evernote content without an issue. As indicated, the direct download should remedy this. I am surprised that the MAS version with this fix has not been pushed out.... but perhaps it has... 

• Level 5*

I see now. Thanks for the explanations. Clicking on the note in Spotlight brings up the note even if you are full screen, and I've always just clicked on the upper-right hand corner to make the note full-screen from there if needed. I'll have to think about your workflow more, because it appears to be something I don't use. 

By the way, the direct-download Evernote app updates pretty conveniently, in my opinion. It is also more frequently updated and (like other apps) more robust outside the app store.

Getting a note out of fullscreen Evernote is actually the easy part!

With the main Evernote window in full screen mode:

1)  double-click any note to open it in its own Window. As expected, this will open the note in a window overlaying the main evernote window.

2) Drag the note to the very left side of the screen and hold it there (as if you want to move it beyond the boundary of the screen). 

OR - while clicking and holding onto the top bar of the note window press ctrl-left arrow.

3) after about 2 seconds, you and your note will be taken to the adjacent desktop/space, thus freeing your note from the fullscreen Evernote space. 

Now, the unfortunate thing about this is that you cannot do the inverse to get that note BACK to the full screen Evernote space. 

It is hard to say whether refinements to this are Evernote's or Apple's domain, because Evernote will be limited in how much control it has over the behaviour of Spaces and Mission Control. 

As far as all of my testing has gone, spotlight brings up Evernote content without an issue. As indicated, the direct download should remedy this. I am surprised that the MAS version with this fix has not been pushed out.... but perhaps it has... 

Great! This is just what I'm looking for, thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Confusing thread. Earlier posts seemed to suggest that installing the latest evernote would fix this.  This is not the case for me (with plenty of time for reindexing). I installed 5.5.1 but still see no indexing. 

Confusing thread. Earlier posts seemed to suggest that installing the latest evernote would fix this.  This is not the case for me (with plenty of time for reindexing). I installed 5.5.1 but still see no indexing. 

May not be an evernote problem. 

Have you tried the directions I describe here to force a spotlight re-index?:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/48241-spotlight-search-in-evernote-for-mac/?p=264750

That has solved some people's issues. 

Merl, this IS a confusing thread.  My 6 March remark still applies to my case: after migration to a new machine and using the direct download version, my migrated notes are not spotlight indexed, although new ones are.  Reindexing per ScottLougheed's suggestion had no effect.  The Evernote guys themselves haven't chimed in, so I don't know if they still think it's been fixed in the direct download version. I sure don't.

• Level 5*

Spotlight is working on the direct download version of our application: http://evernote.com/download/get.php?file=EvernoteMac

It is still not functional on 10.9 from the app store.

- Your friendly neighborhood Evernote employee

Any advice for skippy?

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/45607-spotlight-doesn’t-find-any-evernote-notes/?p=269778

I'd recommend deleting everything and re-downloading from the site, as per my directions here.

But, perhaps you have a more elegant solution. My understanding is that they are using the most recent direct download on Mavericks.

• Level 5*

I am running the direct download version aren't I? No spotlight for me.

Spotlight is working on the direct download version of our application: http://evernote.com/download/get.php?file=EvernoteMac

It is still not functional on 10.9 from the app store.

- Your friendly neighborhood Evernote employee

Did you try what I suggested?

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/45607-spotlight-doesn’t-find-any-evernote-notes/?p=269848

Thanks, Jackolicious, for letting us know that the direct download version works correctly with spotlight.

However, I am pretty darn sure that's the version I'm running.  

Is there a way to tell which version I am running?  

Alternatively, can you tell us what files must be deleted to do a clean install of a new direct download version.  I'm thinking in particular about the two EvernoteSpotlightImporter folders I have hidden somewhere down the private/var/folders...tree, and the Library/Application Support,  Library/Coredata and Library/Caches folders.  I don't want to go to the trouble of re-installing if I'm leaving some crud that interferes with building new indexes.

I raised this with a support ticket (393841), but was told that Spotlight doesn't work and there is no workaround; I don't want to go that route again.

• Level 5*

Thanks, Jackolicious, for letting us know that the direct download version works correctly with spotlight.

However, I am pretty darn sure that's the version I'm running.  

Is there a way to tell which version I am running?  

Alternatively, can you tell us what files must be deleted to do a clean install of a new direct download version.  I'm thinking in particular about the two EvernoteSpotlightImporter folders I have hidden somewhere down the private/var/folders...tree, and the Library/Application Support,  Library/Coredata and Library/Caches folders.  I don't want to go to the trouble of re-installing if I'm leaving some crud that interferes with building new indexes.

I raised this with a support ticket (393841), but was told that Spotlight doesn't work and there is no workaround; I don't want to go that route again.

This works for me.

Quick note - I realized I could check whether I had ever had an App Store version of Evernote by, duh, looking at my App Store account.  Nope, I never had.  Yet spotlight, contrary to Jackolicious's comment, does not work on the initial set of notes I migrated when I switched machines.  It had worked on the older machine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks all. I've replaced the iTunes version of the EN app with the EN-direct version and Spotlight now digs up ENs. This's VERY helpful :)

Hi, a dumb question maybe, but how do you dig stuff up? do you use the name of the Note, or rather the filename of the attached stuff?

I've too replaced the App Store version with the direct download version, re-indexed the Mac, but still I don't seem to be able to find my notes.

Thanks 

I have a note called 

"Juska et al. - 2003 - Manufacturing bacteriological contamination outbreaks in industrialized meat production systems: The case of E. coli O157:H7"

If I use spotlight to search "juska", this note is returned as a result. 

Likewise, if i search for a term that exists in the note body, but NOT the title, such as "agro-industrial", the same note appears as a result

Not sure about attachments to be honest. I don't have many attachments that contain text to test with, but definitely title and note contents are indexed by the Mac OS and searchable through Spotlight. 

I have a note called 

"Juska et al. - 2003 - Manufacturing bacteriological contamination outbreaks in industrialized meat production systems: The case of E. coli O157:H7"

If I use spotlight to search "juska", this note is returned as a result. 

Likewise, if i search for a term that exists in the note body, but NOT the title, such as "agro-industrial", the same note appears as a result

Not sure about attachments to be honest. I don't have many attachments that contain text to test with, but definitely title and note contents are indexed by the Mac OS and searchable through Spotlight. 

Thanks for your response. Unfortunatelly, despite following the indications, I can't get this to work... Could you specify how are those matches categorised in Spotlight?

Hi, I am the opener of this thread and have been following the conversation with great interest "from outside". I didn't comment any more, as I didn't have much to contribute. However, what I've learned is that Spotlight search will work only if Evernote is installed directly from EN's Servers rather than via App Store. That's what I wanted to avoid because of the comfort the App store gives me and because of possible issues with my OS X security settings. I'd rather perform searches only inside Evernote than installing an app from elsewhere than from App Store. (Yes I know, this could be worth a separate discussion, but let's leave that aside for now. :)

So now that OS X 10 is visible on the horizon, I'd like to ask if this Spotlight & Evernote search issue will be fixed for the App store version with the new OS?

• Level 5

We've got it working in direct download builds of our latest beta. We have yet to submit to the App Store in a fixed state (since we're still in beta), but all signs point to this issue being resolved with our next app store release.

• 1 month later...

With several weeks passed now, and with Yosemite running on my iMac, I am desperately waiting for the updated Evernote version from the App Store, with Spotlight search integration and all that other fine stuff which the download version already brings. So: Any idea when the Evernote update will hit the Mac App Store?

• 2 weeks later...

I  have also been waiting to see if Yosemite might bring some relief but I see no difference. I still can't get spotlight to include my evernote notes it the searches. 

Running 5.7 (and 5.6.x) before that, I have no problem getting spotlight to locate Evernote notes. 

If you are using the MAS version, it is a few versions behind. Staff have indicated that they intend to push 5.7 to MAS users. 

In the meantime, if you prefer to staying on the bleeding edge, you can migrate to the direct download version which is updated more quickly since it doesn't require Apple's reviewing process (and all the delays and slowness that comes with that). 

• 3 weeks later...

6.0 has been released with the feature list including:

"Spotlight search"

Does it work? of course not. Thanks Evernote, it only took a year for you to "fix" Spotlight search in OS X and guess what, it was not fixed. Give it a couple more years?

Yeah, I can confirm this. Even after the update Spotlight doesn't find anything inside Evernote.

(OS X 10.10.1, Evernote 6.0/MAS) 

:(

So - despite normally preferring the app store over other sources -  I finally have made the switch to the download version, because the App Store version 6.0 gave me some new trouble (like not showing contents for several minutes, or deleting note titles ... besides Spotlight not finding my notes).  :wacko:

However, Spotlight still doesn't find any note contained in Evernote! Now that is annoying! :angry:

Please! What must I do to have Spotlight properly index and find all my notes from within Evernote??

(iMac running Yosemite 10.10.1 and Evernote 6.0.2/download version)

• Level 5*

@icoco_de:  Spotlight search of my Evernote Notes is working for me in Ver 6.0.2 on Yosemite.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you, but maybe it's the upgrade path, or maybe it takes time for indexing by Spotlight.

I upgraded from Ver 5.5.2 directly to Ver 6.0.2.

So - despite normally preferring the app store over other sources -  I finally have made the switch to the download version, because the App Store version 6.0 gave me some new trouble (like not showing contents for several minutes, or deleting note titles ... besides Spotlight not finding my notes).  :wacko:

However, Spotlight still doesn't find any note contained in Evernote! Now that is annoying! :angry:

Please! What must I do to have Spotlight properly index and find all my notes from within Evernote??

(iMac running Yosemite 10.10.1 and Evernote 6.0.2/download version)

Two days later - should have been enough time for Spotlight to index Evernote. But - you guessed it - still no results!

I'd really love to find out what's going wrong here and how I can get Evernote to work with Spotlight search properly. Any help and ideas highly appreciated.

Btw: Shouldn't here be an "Evernote" entry in Spotlight's settings?

[uPDATE] Here's the screenshot:

evernote_spotlight-settings.jpg

• Level 5

Off topic: I may be missing out something, but .. How can I include a picture (screenshot/jpg) in my posts directly?

This is how I do it:

- create a note in Evernote and add the picture I want to share

- copy a public link to the note via the "Note - More Sharing - Copy public link" menu

- open the note in web browser

- right-click on the picture and select "Copy URL"

- click on the 'image' icon in the toolbar in the forum's text editor

- add this URL

- keep the note for some time otherwise the picture would disappear

• Level 5*

Off topic: I may be missing out something, but .. How can I include a picture (screenshot/jpg) in my posts directly?

If you have a Dropbox (or similar) account, create a public folder there, and put all your public images in it.  

After you have saved the image, right-click on it in the Mac Finder (or Windows Explorer I assume) and select "Copy Public Link".

In the forum post, click on the image button, and pasted in the link.

@JMichael, @Stuhrer: Thank you guys. I understand. I just hoped that there might be some integrated media upload feature right inside here (something most of us will be used to from many other forums), so this workaround using a cloud service wouldn't be necessary. 

Anyway, now I've updated the posting with the screenshot. Thank you for your tipps.

*end offtopic*

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Spotlight searches EN on my MBP but not on my iMac. Both are running identical versions of Mac OS (10.10.1) and EN (v 6. 0. 2 Direct). 

I think that this did work on my iMac (once I'd replaced an App Store version of EN with the Direct version) under Mavericks. 

After a few weeks I can say that *some* of the newer Evernote notes are found by Spotlight - but not all of them -, while older notes (those taken with Evernote's MAS version, as it seems) aren't found at all. 

In order to force Spotlight to find all Evernote notes properly I have already dragged the whole Macintosh HD drive onto the "privacy" tab in Spotlight settings and then removed it from there again. Unfortunately this didn't help. Maybe someone knows any other way to "force" Spotlight to index Evernote's content properly? Like dropping some (maybe hidden?) folder that contains all notes? Any suggestions welcome.

Jackolicious, you're kidding, right?  

In this household we have two utterly different Evernote accounts, different usernames, different machines, and on both spotlight generally doesn't find Evernotes.  Either we're exceptionally unlucky people, or this problem isn't rare at all.

I'm still running 5.7.2 under OS 10.10.1 - frankly, I have no confidence that the frequent v6 maintenance releases are repairing more problems than they introduce.  A sad state of affairs.

In my case it's a 27" iMac Late 2012 with Mac OS  10.10.1 and Evernote 6.0.5 (Direct version). De-installed and re-installed using AppCleaner, as you'd suggested via your PM. Before - with the MAS store version - Spotlight didn't find any single Evernote note. After I switched to the direct download version, Spotlight now will find *some* notes, but by far not all. And as far as I can say, Spotlight finds only some of those notes I've created with the Direct download version, not a single one of my previous notes. Hope this helps. Happy holidays.

I have a similar problem. A Spotlight search from the Finder will only list Evernote notes that have the search string in the note title.

It is not possible to find notes with search string inside the note itself and searching within Evernote is the only way to be sure that all notes containing the search string will be listed.

I have this exact problem on 2 different Mac machines that have access to my Evernote account. The problem started around version 5.5. I originally installed the free version of Evernote 1.3 in 2008 through the Applestore. After that I have mostly downloaded new versions through Macupdate.com or let Evernote update itself.

I was not aware that the Applestore version of Evernote stores notes differently from the download version.

• 3 weeks later...

On my Mac Spotlight still only finds notes I've created with the Direct download version of Evernote, but not a single one of those notes I've created before using the MAS version. Still no idea what I could do to make Spotlight find all those older notes, too. Would appreciate any help.

• 1 month later...

I have never got Spotlight indexing. Probably because I first installed on 10.9. I am now running "Version 6.0.7 (451372 Direct)" on 10.9.5 with no indexing. What steps should I be trying to get indexing working?

I did a full uninstall. Including deleting my database, preferences, and any other evernote file I could fine. After reinstall I still don't see any results in the spotlight index. Thanks.

I have also problems with spotlight indexing. All these tips didn't help me, therefore I am a bit frustrated. I have a fresh installation of 10.10.2.

MacBook 2010 Mid.

Direct and app store install, no difference.

But it worked on Mavericks! Don'r you execute regression tests?

Thanks

Michel

• 4 weeks later...

EN + Spotlight newbie here. Ignorant question: is there some special procedure (besides getting spotlight re-indexed, correct EN versions) to get Spotlight to index EN? I see no EN notes in my Spotlight (of course). I'm running MacOS 10.9.5 + EN 6.0.8.

Would be great if someone could post to one, updated-as-the-procedure-changes web page, that describes the soup-to-nuts procedure to make EN+Spotlight work - apply the point to most any non-trivial user procedure. Just thinking out loud: wiki pages are good for this. Maybe knowledge-base (KB) articles, but then the community can't edit them, unless KB enables such capability. Does EN provide such things? Without them, digging through hundreds of discussion-forum posts to get basic info to "normalize" user procedures seems a bit inefficient.

Evernote- what's the procedure, and can you post in a way that serves the purpose(s) described below? Thanks for any help.

EN + Spotlight newbie here. Ignorant question: is there some special procedure (besides getting spotlight re-indexed, correct EN versions) to get Spotlight to index EN? I see no EN notes in my Spotlight (of course). I'm running MacOS 10.9.5 + EN 6.0.8.

Would be great if someone could post to one, updated-as-the-procedure-changes web page, that describes the soup-to-nuts procedure to make EN+Spotlight work - apply the point to most any non-trivial user procedure. Just thinking out loud: wiki pages are good for this. Maybe knowledge-base (KB) articles, but then the community can't edit them, unless KB enables such capability. Does EN provide such things? Without them, digging through hundreds of discussion-forum posts to get basic info to "normalize" user procedures seems a bit inefficient.

Archived