(Archived) How to Use Jot Script Evernote Edition stylus with Penultimate

Interesting. So, it looks like there's a little bit of lag with the BT connection. To maximize the responsiveness to handwriting, it interprets a touch as drawing, but if it doesn't get a pressure reading from the stylus within the estimated max latency, it retroactively removes the drawing and reinterprets it as a gesture.

Does it do the same thing with pressure sensitivity readings? If the pressure readings were time stamped, then you could retroactively get extremely high resolution pressure / position tuples by using the start time of the stroke as the time sync. Do you know if the stylus and app do that?

How well does it handle nearly concurrent stylus and finger contact? The only way I could see differentiating the two would be based on stroke length. If I touch the pen and my finger for 1 second at the same tine, you won't know which is which. But if my finger touches for 2s and the stylus touches for 1s, then I can figure out 1s in to the two strokes that the stroke that just ended was a pen stroke because the pen will report that the tip had contact for 1s. At that point, the app could discard the ongoing finger stroke.

I'm gonna have to play with mine when I get it to see how well it handles these edge cases.

Does it do the same thing with pressure sensitivity readings? If the pressure readings were time stamped, then you could retroactively get extremely high resolution pressure / position tuples by using the start time of the stroke as the time sync. 

The Jot Script will not be pressure sensitive. Confirmed by Adonit here: https://getsatisfaction.com/adonit/topics/will_the_jot_script_have_pressure_sensitivity

It's a note-taking pen, not an art pen. Looks like the upcoming Adobe Mighty collaboration may become the artist-oriented version of the Pixelpoint technology.

The Jot Script will not be pressure sensitive. Confirmed by Adonit here: https://getsatisfaction.com/adonit/topics/will_the_jot_script_have_pressure_sensitivity

It's a note-taking pen, not an art pen. Looks like the upcoming Adobe Mighty collaboration may become the artist-oriented version of the Pixelpoint technology.

Oops. Luckily for me, pressure sensitivity wasn't a feature I cared about. Given the Bluetooth link, I just assumed it would have pressure sensitivity.

Just got my Jot Script. Thanks!

I've noticed three issues:

1. The tip is fairly noisy. 

2. The springiness of the tip means that I tend to have tails off the end of my letters

3. Sometimes, letters that I've written disappear after I write them. I've attached a video here. I drew an h three times in a row. First two times it vanished.

(Sorry for the fuzziness, I didn't realize how out of focus it was.)

I'm running the most recent version of Penultimate.

My suspicion is that this is a software bug. Any thoughts?

PenProblemSmall.mov

Archived