(Archived) Disappearing Content

franklozano

Idea

Looking for experience here. I had a note filled with critical content. I added to it yesterday morning. Last night at a restaurant, I opened the note on my iPad and it looked as if the note was black in the preview window, so I opened it all the way, not sure if it was still loading or not, but it was blank. I closed it real fast thinking it just needed time to load, and it automatically synced as a blank note. YIKES!

I checked the note on my phone and it was blank there too, I'm guessing because of the sync.

I have Evernote loaded in 3 other areas, two MacBook pros and a Mac tower. I have not touched them.

*** Is there a way to still access the previous version of the note (before stuff deleted) on the other computers?

Any help is appreciated!!!!

2 replies to this idea

Looking for experience here. I had a note filled with critical content. I added to it yesterday morning. Last night at a restaurant, I opened the note on my iPad and it looked as if the note was black in the preview window, so I opened it all the way, not sure if it was still loading or not, but it was blank. I closed it real fast thinking it just needed time to load, and it automatically synced as a blank note. YIKES!

I checked the note on my phone and it was blank there too, I'm guessing because of the sync.

I have Evernote loaded in 3 other areas, two MacBook pros and a Mac tower. I have not touched them.

*** Is there a way to still access the previous version of the note (before stuff deleted) on the other computers?

Any help is appreciated!!!!

You can use one of the computers that has the correct note. First, prevent the computer from syncing by disconnecting from the internet. Then invoke Evernote, call up the note & export it to enex format. You can then sync your computer. The note in question will then be replaced by the current, blank version. Now you can import the correct note from the enex file & delete the blank one.

Archived