(Archived) Using Any AND All in Tag Search

I have my tags set up so that I have numeric days of the month, the month and the year for each note that has a due date. Getting a search for a specific day is not an issue, but I also have tags for "Daily", "Weekly" and "Monthly" activities, which do not have specific due dates.

So, what I would like to do is to select the tags for a certain day, as well as the tags for "Daily" notes. An example:

(tag:07 [and] tag:April [and] tag:2009) [or] tag:Daily

Which theoretically would allow me to get a list of everything tagged "07", "April", "2009", plus everything tagged "Daily". As far as I can tell, I can either select notes that have ANY of the tags (which produces a very long list) or ALL of the tags (which produces no results).

Is there a way to combine AND and OR searches into one search? It would be very useful to be able to save a search for each day, which would include the things due on that day, as well as all of the common daily tasks.

Thanks so much for your help and a great product!

That's not possible with the current search syntax.

The way I set dates on notes that I want to be reminded of in the future is to set their Subject Date in the future and tag them "Future". I can then search for [tag] or [subjectDate] to find them, and [tag] to find overdue items.

date searches find either all notes since the date, or all notes before it if you negate the search. So if you require a search for notes on a specific date you would have to combine them, e.g. [subjectDate].

See the API for a full description of date/time arguments in searches.

Archived