(Archived) Automatically download and install updates never works. What am I missing?

Every time there is a new version, I get the notification of the new version with the option to check the automatic download/install it. I have that checked and have for a long time. But it never works. I always get a notification that pops up indicating I have to select the installation to actually do it (with the automatic option still checked by the way). Not very "automatic". 

Why does this feature not work? Is there a work around for this?

Thanks.

Every time there is a new version, I get the notification of the new version with the option to check the automatic download/install it. I have that checked and have for a long time. But it never works. I always get a notification that pops up indicating I have to select the installation to actually do it (with the automatic option still checked by the way). Not very "automatic". 

Why does this feature not work? Is there a work around for this?

Thanks.

What client are you talking about?  I'm still on Windows V4, but the verbiage there is 'automatically check for updates'.  And IME, when it finds a new one, you're asked if you want to download it.  After it's downloaded, it asks if you want to install it.  I think it's perfectly fine to confirm the user wants to download/update in case they are in the middle of something more critical. 

Archived