(Archived) Evernote Mac/iPad lost merged notes

DangerMouse

Idea

So I recently merged 3 notes using the mac.  2 text notes and one with a picture.  Now the merged note has nothing in it.  The note itself seems to be there, but it's blank.  It has taken on the title of one of the original notes.  The picture from one of the notes shows up in the preview portion in the notes list.  But there is nothing in the body of the note itself.  I get an error message when trying to sync and when expanding "1 error occurred" I get: 

"The note 'XXXXXX' could not be synced.  The content is not valid."

The notes merged are completely gone on my iPad.

They were logs for complaints I had with a company I'm doing business with.  Now I don't have a pot to piss in when I deal with them about their issues as I have zero proof.

Any way to get these notes back?  Unmerge them?  Undo somehow?

Thanks

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Check in your Evernote trash - in Windows at least,  the new merged note is a new note,  and the old individual ones are deleted.  Check online to see if your notes are still on the web server.  If so,  make copies before you do anything else with them..

If all else fails,  send in a support request (see below).

That worked trix, thanks gazumped.  So what's the deal?  Is it a bug?  Was the note too big?  I wanted to put them together to tie it in a bow (no need for 5 loose notes out there).  Maybe it would be better to make a table of contents note instead...

That worked trix, thanks gazumped.  So what's the deal?  Is it a bug?  Was the note too big?  I wanted to put them together to tie it in a bow (no need for 5 loose notes out there).  Maybe it would be better to make a table of contents note instead...

Merging notes works.  You'd have to determine if the resultant note size was too big by looking at the size of each of the notes, adding them together & comparing that to the note size for your account.  I forget what the free note size limit is (you could Google it) but IIRC, the premium note size limit is 100 megabytes. 

Archived