Feature request: Support for "Launch Center Pro" URL Support

Hello Evernote employee Gods ....Thanks again for your incredible product !!

I would like to get an official response from you on the topic of supporting Launch Center Pro and the URL scheme.

There have been about 4-5 other threads started on this topic, but I could never find a response from Evernote.

Launch Center Pro has really kicked it into gear in the past year and has added many new options and the number of followers is quite large.

I would be excited to hear from Evernote on this since Evernote has a great track record of supporting it's customers and the URL scheme that Apple fully supports seems easy to implement as many top IOS apps are not doing it.

Some of the other threads I have mentioned have proposed URL strings from the simple one to elaborate.

I would be happy seeing a simple one for starters :-)

Thanks in advance for your response.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Back in the day, the CTO said there wasn't any URL scheme support because they had their own limited Bridge mode. http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/12457-custom-url-scheme-for-iphoneipad/

Since then they posted the link format: http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/note_links.php

I deconstructed that a bit so you could figure out the link on a mobile device from the public sharing link (another long time request).: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/40001-ios-54-note-links-feature-completion-request/

So you can use that in Launch Center to pull up a specific note.  But it's very limited.

There's much better support in the 3rd party EN client, Clever (iphone, and Clever HD (ipad).  There's about 26 URL scheme actions.

If you're using this on an iPad BTW, Launch+ is a bit better option than Launch Center Pro.

• Level 5

Or a year later when the CTO expressed

"There's no easy way to create a note via an "evernote:" URL. We've done a little bit of work using the iOS pasteboard to send native data types to Evernote, but this is not part of our supported API, and won't be a good solution for most developers."

I don't know that it's overly hard though either (given it's a 1 developer maintained alternative Evernote Client).

Here's page 1 of the URL scheme actions with 5 "new note" options in Clever HD (in Launch+).

Evernote%20Camera%20Roll%2020131105%2003

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

I'm also interested in LCP URL Scheme support for tasks such as opening a specific Folder or note.  nickso, have you received any feedback on your request?

This is a user forum. My recommendation would be to contact Evernote via the Support page (see the link in my signature). That will put you directly in touch with an employee, and they can field your question. I doubt they will discuss their future road map (they have a policy not to do so, much like Apple), but it never hurts to try!

I'm also interested in LCP URL Scheme support for tasks such as opening a specific Folder or note.  nickso, have you received any feedback on your request?

Lindend, I have not received any response at all.

Very disappointing really........

Grumpy, I posted my response here because I have seen many responses from EN employees on other possible future options.

A CTO responded to a similar question over a year ago.

Any response from EN would be nice, but in talking on other threads, others seem to have a similar experience.

nickso, I opened a support ticket on this.  I'd suggest you open one also.  As GrumpyMonkey pointed out, this is the only way to get it tracked officially as Evernote doesn't seem to have a uservoice type of setup where users can add feature requests.

• Level 5*

I'm also interested in LCP URL Scheme support for tasks such as opening a specific Folder or note. nickso, have you received any feedback on your request?

Lindend, I have not received any response at all.

Very disappointing really........

Grumpy, I posted my response here because I have seen many responses from EN employees on other possible future options.

A CTO responded to a similar question over a year ago.

Any response from EN would be nice, but in talking on other threads, others seem to have a similar experience.

Of course, you are welcome to post here. All of the posts are read by Evernote staff, and on occasion an Evernote employee might drop in and comment on the feature request, but the support ticket will guarantee that you get in touch with someone at Evernote if you are looking for a response. You'll likely have an answer within a day or so.

Evernote replied to my support ticket and pointed me to this thread:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/40001-ios-54-note-links-feature-completion-request/#entry216522

You can use the URL scheme there to open LCP to a specific note (its a little cumbersome, but it works).  As far as I can tell, there's no way to jump to a notebook via a URL scheme but this is a big step in the right direction.

Archived