We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Tupira

mac Has anyone got an answer for how to delete multiple notebooks?

I have seen this question asked in a couple of topics but without answers.

How do you delete multiple notebooks in Evernote? (Desktop on MAC)

You delete them one-by-one, as far as I know.

Thanks but it is not the answer I wanted :-) I got dozens of notebooks to delete. I don't understand why there is not a function to enable to multiselect + delete option.

Thanks but it is not the answer I wanted :-) I got dozens of notebooks to delete. I don't understand why there is not a function to enable to multiselect + delete option.

If you already knew that the answer to your question was one you didn't want, why the heck didn't you just make a feature request?
  • Like 1

You may not understand why but there are all kinds of things many of us don't understand. It is what it is.

• Like 1

It is what it is?????

What a narrow minded answer from an Evernote Evangelist....

How about... 'we appreciate your feedback and will include it in our new version or it is not technically possible because.... !!'

It is what it is?????

How about... 'we appreciate your feedback and will include it in our new version or it is not technically possible because.... !!'

No evangelist would EVER say that because we are not Evernote employees. If we said that, it would carry as much truth as if it were you or your neighbour who said it. 

It is a good suggestion, but it isn't currently available, as such it is what it is! To say that does NOT take away from the legitimacy of (what eventually became) the feature request, nor does it say anything about whether Evernote will implement it, as that is only for them to say and they are (in)famously tight-lipped. 

• Like 1

It is what it is?????

Well...maybe because I am not an Evernote employee and cannot testify as to what will or will not be included in newer versions of the software... As a user, just like yourself, I have no more (or less) influence on what EN will do. So yes, as far as how the software works, it is what it is. We can either learn to adapt to things we think are idiosyncrasies (like not being able to delete dozens of notebooks in one fell swoop) or find an app that better suits our needs.

Ok, I'll ask it again here. 

Jeffito mentions that to delete multile notebooks you delete them one by one.

Stupid question in reply from me:  "how do i delete JUST ONE notebook?"

from my response to your other post

Depends on what device you are using. 

On the desktop applications and the web interface, right-click on any notebook and select "delete notebook".

On iOS, from the home screen of Evernote, select "notebooks", then tap "edit" in the top right, then tap the green circle with a line. 

On android.... not sure. 

On 5/10/2014 at 5:52 AM, BurgersNFries said:

Well...maybe because I am not an Evernote employee and cannot testify as to what will or will not be included in newer versions of the software... As a user, just like yourself, I have no more (or less) influence on what EN will do. So yes, as far as how the software works, it is what it is. We can either learn to adapt to things we think are idiosyncrasies (like not being able to delete dozens of notebooks in one fell swoop) or find an app that better suits our needs.

Oh yeah, it's mighty big of you to tell the company's customers to go elsewhere instead of complaining on the company forums (which some people actually call "feedback", that's right, it's not all pink roses and unicorn farts).  Nothing like having no skin in the game, eh?

"Evernote has problems, and if you don't like it, feel free to use a competing product!", says the person who doesn't work for Evernote.

Oooh, ohhhh, can I do Comcast, I hate those jerks ...

Hey all of you Comcast customers!  Not happy?  Well, ***** you!  We don't care about your stinking feedback!  Things are the way the are, and if you don't like it, LEAVE!

You know, that felt good, I see why you do it.  It's almost like I have the power of Comcast behind me, without any risk whatsoever.  I think it's called "borrowed self-esteem" or something like that. Anyway, the truth is, we as customers have many options that you didn't list.  We can seek answers until our heart's content and complain if we don't like the answers.  We can start a "I hate Evernote's lack of multi-delete" website.  Or we can ***** in each corner of our house, stick a candle in each one, and chant like a Buddhist Monk.

It's asinine to not have a multiple-notebook delete option.   That's the truth.

P.S. it's not my fault this thread comes up on Page #1 of a Google search.  If you don't like old threads getting re-upped, you can either learn to adapt to things you think are idiosyncrasies, learn how to use robots.txt, or close the thread. 

P.S.S. If you don't like my comment, feel free to shop at Target instead of Walmart.  That's right, I said it, I'm a straight-up gangsta when the risk is nil.

2 hours ago, Rex said:

Oh yeah, it's mighty big of you to tell the company's customers to go elsewhere instead of complaining on the company forums (which some people actually call "feedback", that's right, it's not all pink roses and unicorn farts).  Nothing like having no skin in the game, eh?

Dude, you're ranting at a post that's over 2 years old, and a user who's no longer with us

If you want to do something constructive, post a request in the feedback forum, and users can vote  on it.

• Like 1

Thanks @DTLow. I'm going to lock this thread, please direct all feature requests to the Mac Product Feedback section.