(Archived) Contact owner of shared notebook

I subscribe to a shared notebook but I can see that the owner of that notebook has added a note that they probably didn't mean to share. I can't remember where I got the link from and I have no idea how to contact the owner. Is there a way to contact an Evernote user from their username?

• Level 5*

For basic security reasons I don't imagine Evernote will release any contact details,  but they're friendly enough if you send in a support request - and perhaps they could send some information from that on to your sharer.

• Level 5*

I subscribe to a shared notebook but I can see that the owner of that notebook has added a note that they probably didn't mean to share. I can't remember where I got the link from and I have no idea how to contact the owner. Is there a way to contact an Evernote user from their username?

Is it a notebook called MAYO?

Now, I know I have seen this one somewhere...I recall the word Grumpy for some reason...not sure why... :D

On a slightly more serious note, something like this is partly the reason for my feedback form linked in my notebook. Not many people use it, but it is there if someone has a problem/question with my notebook, since there is not any other way of contacting the owner.

Given the way EN works, and the way your data is handled, I doubt that there would be any way in the future where this could change, but it is an interesting discussion point. Especially from the point of view of a shared notebook owner, like myself.

• Level 5*

Now, I know I have seen this one somewhere...I recall the word Grumpy for some reason...not sure why... :D

On a slightly more serious note, something like this is partly the reason for my feedback form linked in my notebook. Not many people use it, but it is there if someone has a problem/question with my notebook, since there is not any other way of contacting the owner.

Given the way EN works, and the way your data is handled, I doubt that there would be any way in the future where this could change, but it is an interesting discussion point. Especially from the point of view of a shared notebook owner, like myself.

I like the idea of a contact form. Of course, I have my email and so forth, so people can find me. I have two thoughts about it:

(1) This might be a bug in the app, and I hope it gets fixed, if that is the case.

(2) I strongly recommend that Evernote put in place a firewall between shared and joined notebooks so that it is difficult or impossible for users to create notes in them (obviously only if the user toggles on such a feature). The lack of this firewall is one reason why my shared notes go in one account and my own notes go in another. I've done stupid things and need to be protected from myself!

Archived