(Archived) Use Evernote on same machine with several logins

JamMad

Idea

Hi there,

This is thorny, as I think it may have been answered somewhere but I can't find it. Every time I search for an answer, I find a ton of forum posts about multiple Evernote logins, not multiple user accounts on the computer.

I have one Mac with a couple of different logins, one personal and one for the business I run. My Evernote accounts spans my work and personal life and I'd like to access it from both logins, without it taking up twice the space on my computer.

How can I do this? I can't see how to change the location of the Evernote database in Preferences, otherwise I could just put it into the Users/Shared folder.

Thanks in advance! 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

In the Windows client you have the option to save the database in a different location.  Provided you have no local (non-synced) notebooks,  the trick may be to uninstall your version(s) of Evernote and then reinstall it,  making it available to both profiles in the process (if that's possible on a Mac).  If you do have local notebooks,  make sure you export and re-import them.  In any case keep a backup!!

• Level 5*

Don't think that would help - in Windows,  checking Tools and Options shows you the folder where the local database is kept.  From other posts around here it appears that Macs hide their files away in different locations...

Archived