(Archived) Mavericks Fullscreen Bug

mattmischuk

Idea

This bug happens when you are using multiple monitors with Evernote in fullscreen. If you are active on the primary display and evernote is open in fullscreen on the secondary display and you were previously editing a note the blinking cursor remains there. This can be misleading to the user where the user believes they are active on Evernote on the secondary display when they are not.

eg. A user is using Evernote (in fullscreen) on one display and using Safari on the other. When the user goes to edit the note the typing will actually be happening on the safari window and not Evernote like the user may think.

This is just throwing me off thought I would let you know.

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Doesn't seem to be a problem with the Windows client - I use 3 screens (when I can) with browsers on the right in the screen which is actually part of my laptop,  and Evernote in the left most screen.  Haven't noticed any issues with creating or typing in active notes despite the division..

I'm not sure my problem is the same, but it's this:

since I updated to Maverick, when I click on the Menu Bar Elefant icon, the typical window for pasting content, instead of opening in the MacBook's window, opens in the second monitor. 

There is probably a lot of Mavericks bugs it's a brand new update and a lot of the developers have yet to update their apps fixing issues. However this thread was created simply to inform the Evernote team of the issue. There might be some sort of fix that they can do or it might simply be a Mavericks bug.

It's also not my job to do QA and I'm sure there is some very capable people already looking for these types of things.

When I click the Evernote icon in my dock, once in a while I get an extra Evernote window (so I have two exactly the same Evernote windows), it's since one of the first DP's. I have a dual monitor setup but using Evernote on just one, not full screen or so.

post-158681-0-30907900-1382703440_thumb.

• Level 5

since I updated to Maverick, when I click on the Menu Bar Elefant icon, the typical window for pasting content, instead of opening in the MacBook's window, opens in the second monitor. 

This is a known bug which is fixed in 5.4.2. Thanks.

This is a known bug which is fixed in 5.4.2. Thanks.

Thanks Bushwhacker

I guess you mean that it will be fixed in a version that is not still available, right?

Or how should I update? (I'm using version Version 5.4.1 (402012)

Because under the Apple Menu > Software update it doesn't show any new version

Archived