(Archived) Feature Request: Option to Limit Search to Note Titles

nkahn

Idea

I'd like a quick and easy way to find an existing note so that I can add stuff to it. Because I can't easily search by note title, when pressed for time I often end up creating a new note, which later needs to be reconciled with one of my existing notes and then deleted. Very cumbersome.

After using Evernote for years, I just learned about intitle:"mysearchterm". Exactly the function I want but not easy to use (and obviously not easy to find out about). It would be great if there were an option in the search "popup" that let me click to limit my search to note titles.

Thanks.

1 reply to this idea

I'd like a quick and easy way to find an existing note so that I can add stuff to it. Because I can't easily search by note title, when pressed for time I often end up creating a new note, which later needs to be reconciled with one of my existing notes and then deleted. Very cumbersome.

After using Evernote for years, I just learned about intitle:"mysearchterm". Exactly the function I want but not easy to use (and obviously not easy to find out about). It would be great if there were an option in the search "popup" that let me click to limit my search to note titles.

Thanks.

I'm not sure why you say this isn't easy to use.  However, you can always use a text expander if that makes it easier.

Archived