(Archived) Business user v Free user sharing business notebooks

Bondy

We're about to go live with Evernote Business within our company and on the question of pricing, I was asked the question:

"Why do we need to pay for everyone to be Business users if we can just have free users that share the business notebooks?"

Apart from user functionality and not seeing many employee's going over 60mb. I couldn't think of a decent answer. Can anyone give me the pro's/con's of doing this. For those employee's we think will go over the 60mb limit will become business users, the remainder being free users that join the business notebook.

Thanks.

We're about to go live with Evernote Business within our company and on the question of pricing, I was asked the question:

"Why do we need to pay for everyone to be Business users if we can just have free users that share the business notebooks?"

Apart from user functionality and not seeing many employee's going over 60mb. I couldn't think of a decent answer. Can anyone give me the pro's/con's of doing this. For those employee's we think will go over the 60mb limit will become business users, the remainder being free users that join the business notebook.

Thanks.

IIRC, one reason (and possibly one of the most important) is that if the employees will be generating their own notebooks (rather than simply adding/modifying notes to the business notebooks that are shared to them) is that the business account owns their account.  IOW, if an employee is using their free account to create their own notebooks that have business associated notes in them & that employee leaves, those notebooks still belong to the employee & their account.  If you want access to those notes, you are at the mercy of the employee to provide them to you (IE via exporting to enex file).  It's a little bit like the difference between an employee using their own computer vs a work provided computer. 

If employees are only supposed to be making notes in the notebooks shared to them (and they can all be counted on to be doing that), then this may not be an issue. 

Monthly allowed use is 34 times bigger, as you know. 

The way I see it, the difference is the integration of the accounts:

• Related notes are premium or business features. So the discovery of knowledge/information will probably be bigger with a business account.
  • Free users will be able to share, but won't be able to collaborate on notes. Other users won't be able to edit notes created by a free user. 

Archived