(Archived) Issue with Evernote on iPad - since ios7

bsud

First time posting on this forum. Since updating to ios7, Evernote on my iPad freezes and doesn't allow me to do anything. The app works fine on my iPhone with ios7. I'm currently up to date with the app. Any thoughts?

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your issues. My recommendation would be to uninstall and reinstall the Evernote app. If that doesn't work, you could contact support (see my signature). In general, though, I've found my entire iPad experience to be better with iOS7 after totally wiping my iPad and installing iOS 7, but that is a much more drastic step.

• Level 5

Curious Grumpy, was that a "setup as new device" or restore from backup the previous state?  And was that OTA, or through iTunes?  (lots of different permutations and results in there).

• Level 5*

Curious Grumpy, was that a "setup as new device" or restore from backup the previous state?  And was that OTA, or through iTunes?  (lots of different permutations and results in there).

I believe it was set up as new device through iTunes. It may have been done on the iPad (not iTunes), but i doubt it. It definitely wasn't restore from backup. The performance was markedly better with much less jerkiness (still not thrilled with the speed of iOS 7, but it is better).

• Level 5

Thanks!

Sounds like not enough payoff in my case.

It's certainly slower system wide than ios6 but on balance net benefit.

Not sure I want to endure reinstalling 400 apps, and the data export/import from those which don't sync to iCloud/Box/Dropbox.

I've been pretty happily successful with the same migrated data from the original iPhone through successive models up to the 5s.

And on the desktop side from MacOS 10.2 on PowerPC right up to 10.9 today.

Unlike with Windows, it's sure nice when everything works as designed and you can reinstall the OS without having to reinstall apps/data (manually), and across dissimilar hardware.

Archived