(Archived) Evernote Business Usage

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

I am not sure if there is the usage information you require. You can see the most Recent Activity, but I doubt this will be enough for you. Will bring this to the attention of others.

Hi Daniel,

I agree that stacks would be a good idea, but I wouldn't get too hung up on it. 

With any software installation you would need to organise an employees computer before handing over to them. As mentioned on the other thread, I would roll this out slowly whilst you find your feet and adapt Evernote Business to your own needs and requirements. As the product is like an open book, only you will be able to decide what and how it works for you and this really needs to be done slowly and in my opinion with just a few of you. Evernote is not like using something like MS Word, where you just open a new document and type away. You need to hone and adapt the product to your environment. I have a unique way of using it and couldn't imagine being without it now. But I still keep my eye on other peoples ideas on the forum to see if I am missing something!

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

If you think about it,  until Business got introduced,  most people come to Evernote because they needed it,  or because someone close was using it and demonstrated a clear benefit to using it.  There are any number of users out there (including me) who tried Evernote out initially,  thought "Meh.  So I can take notes..."  and dropped it again until a specific need cropped up and you revisited the app and tried it out properly.  So if you come in to work one day and someone says "...and you have an individual Evernote account..." you're quite likely to get the "Meh" reaction from a number of staff.

I think you need to encourage your people to use it,  and build it into your business operations so that for some part of the task at least,  your staff are required to use it.  Make it a status thing if you can - like the keys to the Exec washroom,  you've 'arrived' when you get the login.  And/ or offer Evernote-only competitions / benefits / briefings.  It's a communications thing - buying the Business package won't wave a magic wand and fix your issues.  You have to convince your people - some of whom may never have had an organised thought in their lives - that this is a good thing.

I've just finished a project (not involving Evernote,  other than as a way to help me) to support 200 people in a contact centre with a knowledge base.  For the guys answering the phone,  all the answers to all customers' (sensible*) questions were there.  For the team leaders,  it saved them answering the same questions from different agents 100 times per day.  For management it helped gather stats of what customers were most annoyed about,  and what broke most often and when...  a win/ win/ win situation.  And we still had to keep reminding people to use it,  to update it and generally help themselves.  It took 6 months hard work before the penny actually dropped with the majority of people.

My point being - keep on promoting Evernote and it will be used;  but I get the budgetary thing too - you don't want to pay for people not to use it.  Why not explain your situation to some senior staff and let them talk to their teams to see how Evernote could be developed to make life a little easier for everyone?  Offer some 'Evernote Appreciation' sessions so people can look at using the Elephant in their private lives too..

* There was this lady who wanted someone to stop her phone ringing after 9pm.  We added "unplug phone" to the database....

PS in answer to the OP's question -  

No idea.....

Archived