(Archived) iOS Version 7.1 Premium - Nice improvements

megsaint

Thanks for the ability to edit the home screen. I admit to being slightly amused/annoyed that you can't completely get rid of Market and Announcements. However, I am much happier with the current options. Thanks also for the return of places. I don't use it much but I like having it around. Syncing seems faster but, that could be my imagination.

Thanks for the ability to edit the home screen. I admit to being slightly amused/annoyed that you can't completely get rid of Market and Announcements. However, I am much happier with the current options. Thanks also for the return of places. I don't use it much but I like having it around. Syncing seems faster but, that could be my imagination.

I am glad to have a little more control over what appears where and that I can hide, say tags or places, completely (don't use the latter, it's a mere gimmick to me). So thumbs up, although, yes I share the feeling about Market and Announcements ... it's not really gone as in gone like when I hide Places.

It is a substantial improvement, but there are still miles to go before I will stop being discouraged from using Evernote on my iPhone: Less light on light colors, more contrast between foreground and background. But more importantly: The ability to sort notebooks, tags and notes by title, updated or created. Right now the only option is "most recently accessed" which drives me bonkers. Also ... I'd like the shortcuts section to expand to accomodate the amount of shortcuts I have.

• Level 5

The possibility to change the order of the entries on the home screen is nice. The possibility to remove entries you don't want there is also what some users requested here, thank you Evernote!

But there is a bug when removing the anouncement and market place sections. They somehow managed to stay visible close to the settings button. Naughty sections ;-)

Apart from that I have the feeling that some actions are much faster now. When selecting a tag from the list on the home page the resulting notes are shown immediately and when switching notes the note content is shown much faster as well.

The possibility to save searches and the places feature are back as well. We are getting closer to the previous version plus the added features like quick notes, post-it camera etc., very good!

The biggest problem for me are the limited editing capabilities. If these are restored to the level of the previous version and some additional improvements are made to reduce the number of steps for example to do a search or to select a tag from a list without knowing the start of a tag, I would be very happy again with the app.

Evernote, you will get there! What did Phil Libin say in the first keynote of the Evernote conference: The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.

But there is a bug when removing the anouncement and market place sections. They somehow managed to stay visible close to the settings button. Naughty sections ;-)

I assume you're being facetious? ;-)

• Level 5

I assume you're being facetious? ;-)

Excuse me, I just couldn't resist. I read the tweet from Phil Libin promising that premium users will be able to remove these sections and now this. So I assumed it had to be a bug ;-)

Is there a way to edit the home screen so that either specific notes and their content(the last 2 or so) don't show up on the home screen, or that the content of any note doesn't show up on the home screen?  Thanks!

Archived