(Archived) Salvaging my notes - please help

viriagan

Hello,

over a year ago, I began using Evernote on my Android phone. The syncing function broke soon after; it just said 'synchronization failed' every time, but since I'm not the most competent person around, I disregarded the issue - I really only used Evernote on my phone, so syncing was practically useless to me at that time.

Now, still being unable to sync, I urgently need to move all my notes to a PC. I could try to fix the syncing issue, but here's the catch: I have a year's worth of unsynced notes, a lot of which are very important, on my device. Reinstalling/logging out is out of the question for now. I'm in a bit of a pinch!

Here's my question... Is there any way to either:

1) fix the syncing issue without logging out/reinstalling,

2) export/share notes without syncing? [the 'Share' function itself doesn't work either, it says it 'failed to connect to the server']

(Upon connecting my phone to a computer, I was able to find a lot of .enml files which I *think* may be what I'm looking for. If all else fails, would copying them onto a PC be a sufficient way of exporting? Is there any way to open .enml outside Evernote's mobile app?)

Thank you in advance & hope my English is understandable, it's not my native language.

• Level 5*

Your best bet is to get a support request underway; see the link in my signature. In the mean time, someone here in the forums may be able to help you. This forum topic tells you how to import .enml files (which are, as you suspect, Evernote content) onto the Windows Evernote client: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/38083-read-or-import-android-db-and-enml-files-on-pc/, but overall, it would just be better if your Android client were syncing properly.

Hello,

over a year ago, I began using Evernote on my Android phone. The syncing function broke soon after; it just said 'synchronization failed' every time, but since I'm not the most competent person around, I disregarded the issue - I really only used Evernote on my phone, so syncing was practically useless to me at that time.

Now, still being unable to sync, I urgently need to move all my notes to a PC. I could try to fix the syncing issue, but here's the catch: I have a year's worth of unsynced notes, a lot of which are very important, on my device. Reinstalling/logging out is out of the question for now. I'm in a bit of a pinch!

Here's my question... Is there any way to either:

1) fix the syncing issue without logging out/reinstalling,

2) export/share notes without syncing? [the 'Share' function itself doesn't work either, it says it 'failed to connect to the server']

(Upon connecting my phone to a computer, I was able to find a lot of .enml files which I *think* may be what I'm looking for. If all else fails, would copying them onto a PC be a sufficient way of exporting? Is there any way to open .enml outside Evernote's mobile app?)

Thank you in advance & hope my English is understandable, it's not my native language.

In the future, I would suggest it's not a good idea to store "very important" notes in an app that you don't have working.

Archived