(Archived) Updated to new Windows version - NO ICONS for shared books!

almostnote

• Level 5*

No really easy way to do this; I think that you need to do it on a notebook-by-notebook basis using the "Sharing and collaboration options" link from the notebook Properties dialog.

You can do a Shift-Alt-N to get a the View All Notebooks pane, which DOES have icons for shared notebooks, but it's not the same as having them on the Left Panel.  For what it's worth, I like the simplified interface except for:

1. Lack of icons on the Left Panel indicating shared notebooks
  2. The inability to collapse panels like the edit bar (although for my purposes, having Presentation Mode on Windows would solve this for me)
  • Level 5*

You can do a Shift-Alt-N to get a the View All Notebooks pane, which DOES have icons for shared notebooks, but it's not the same as having them on the Left Panel.  For what it's worth, I like the simplified interface except for:

2. The inability to collapse panels like the edit bar (although for my purposes, having Presentation Mode on Windows would solve this for me)

I was going to mention that list, but the original poster is explicitly interested in notebooks shared *by* them, and that list's icons doesn't distinguish between notebooks shared to you ('joined' notebooks) and notebooks shared by you (true 'shared' notebooks). The icons should be distinct for different sharing states (joined vs. shared, local vs. synced, business notebooks, etc., and shown in the various places where notebooks are shown (left panel, main panel of Notebooks display, note panel's notebook selection dropdown, at least).

Curiously, the web client has distinct icons (and of course they're different than the ones used by Windows), but doesn't let you mingle joined notebooks with your own notebooks (as the Windows client allows, and I prefer), so it's actually easy to find your shared notebooks there, if you expand the whole list.

This is crazy... the new version 5.0.2 has completely crippled the way I use Evernote to share stuff with my team....  

After too much frustration .. I've finally found the answer...

It's called ..  Evernote_4.6.4.8136.exe  from May-2013  ...  Hoorrayy!

I was going to mention that list, but the original poster is explicitly interested in notebooks shared *by* them, and that list's icons doesn't distinguish between notebooks shared to you ('joined' notebooks) and notebooks shared by you (true 'shared' notebooks). The icons should be distinct for different sharing states (joined vs. shared, local vs. synced, business notebooks, etc., and shown in the various places where notebooks are shown (left panel, main panel of Notebooks display, note panel's notebook selection dropdown, at least).

Curiously, the web client has distinct icons (and of course they're different than the ones used by Windows), but doesn't let you mingle joined notebooks with your own notebooks (as the Windows client allows, and I prefer), so it's actually easy to find your shared notebooks there, if you expand the whole list.

I was hoping. :(

Archived