(Archived) CRASH!

shanak

Hello,

First let me say that I am in LOVE with Skitch and have been for awhile. However, in the last few weeks, since updating, all Skitch does is CRASH...and we're talking crashing to the point where the iPad itself completely reboots. 

As a tech teacher who manages 25 iPads, I am experiencing this almost across the board. We use iPad 2's and are running iOS 7.0.2.

Is there anything I can do to stop this?? I've been using this app with my students all week, and we've been having SUCH problems! It's such a shame too, because my kids REALLY like this app, and the potential for its use is limitless.

Please help!

Thank you,
Kelly

shanak - I'm going to ask one of our QA Engineers to reach out to you. If you could do the following that'd be great:

• Next time the app crashes go to back into Skitch and tap the little up arrow (bottom right) to bring up the image picker.
  • Tap the Gear to bring up settings
  • Tap Activity Log and email the results yourself
  • Copy and paste information in the email into this forum thread. 

Thanks.

I apologize for these being pictures instead of text. We do not have email setup on student iPads, so I had to screen capture and then take a picture with my phone. One picture is from where just the app crashed, and the other is from where it actually rebooted the entire iPad. In one class period (40 mins), we had more than 18 cases where the app crashed.

I apologize for these being pictures instead of text. We do not have email setup on student iPads, so I had to screen capture and then take a picture with my phone. One picture is from where just the app crashed, and the other is from where it actually rebooted the entire iPad. In one class period (40 mins), we had more than 18 cases where the app crashed.

Good morning Kelly, thanks for sharing the activity log! Based on the logs, it looks like your iPads are running on an older version of Skitch. Our latest version, 3.0.2, included a bug fix specifically to address the iPad crashing just as you described. Could you please download the latest Skitch update through the App Store? Skitch version 3.0.2 should be a lot more stable on iPads.

Glad to hear you love Skitch and use it in the classroom. If you run into any trouble or if you still notice frequent crashes on the newest version, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thank you,

Jer

Jer,

Thank you so much! I thought I was running the newest version, but because I use Apple Configurator and not iTunes, it wasn't actually syncing the new update. Once I did this, all the crashing finally stopped! I did experience two iPads that rebooted all together. Has any other Skitch user had any issues related to rebooting? I'm hoping it doesn't happen too often. Thanks again for your help!

Kelly

Archived