(Archived) Evernote Android Offlinbe File Location

ascharf

I understand that Evernote Premium Notebooks are also stored on Android device for offline use. I will be in China and not connected to internet all the time.

What folder are they stored in on device?

I want to check if files are really there and available for offline use,

Is there anything in the app that would tell me if the disploayed notebooks are really resident on device, and not just on web?

Thanks.

Alan

Not sure where they are stored (probably in a database on the phone/tablet) but put your phone/tablet into airplane mode or switch off the phone/wifi services and open the app. You can then check they are there.

• Level 5*

I understand that Evernote Premium Notebooks are also stored on Android device for offline use. I will be in China and not connected to internet all the time.

There is no guarantee that notebooks for a premium account will be stored on the mobile device unless you explicitly mark them as "offline" notebooks. On the Android client, you go to Notebooks, and click in the right-hand side of a notebook item, which brings up a popup menu. The offline sync option should be at the top: enable or disable it.

After that, you'll need to wait until the notebook syncs down to your device. Depending on the size of the notebook, that could take some time.

Archived