Storage and/or Syncing

Clark Kerr Pre-K

Hi!

So I am a preschool teacher and have started using Evernote in my classroom to record anecdotes, observations, photos, etc. of my children. I wanted an app I could use on my Android tablet that I could record an observation and tag it with the child/children it refers to. When I found that Evernote did this I was super excited. I downloaded it to the tablet and our office desktop. I recently figured out how to sync as well as print the notes so I could use them for our required assesments of the children; which also made me excited.

Now I have run into another problem that I can't seem to figure out on my own. I have sent in a ticket but still no response for a couple weeks so I thought I would try this...

Here is my problem. I know there is a cap on the amount of data I can upload a month, but the issue is that the internal storage of the device will not hold all of the photos I have taken. SO...can the app be moved to the SD card? And if not, can I delete the photos from my tablet that have already been synced to the desktop without ruining my notes?!

Please help!!!

Thanks!

~Frustrated Teacher

• Level 5

I have sent in a ticket but still no response for a couple weeks so I thought I would try this...

Huh? That does not jive with what I have seen.

Almost immediately after submitting a support request, you will receive a support ticket confirmation in your email.

Did you get this confirmation?

If yes, what was the number so it can be chased down.

If no, your request did not get processed.

It has been my experience that Evernote is not friendly toward SD card storage, especially Androids. I doubt that you will be able to move the program or even the photos.

Once a photo, document, or any other file has been uploaded to Evernote and synced, it's there. Essentially, you now have two copies of the file or picture. What you do with the file on your device afterwards is up to you. The one saved to your Evernote account is there until you delete it.

Hi!

So I am a preschool teacher and have started using Evernote in my classroom to record anecdotes, observations, photos, etc. of my children. I wanted an app I could use on my Android tablet that I could record an observation and tag it with the child/children it refers to. When I found that Evernote did this I was super excited. I downloaded it to the tablet and our office desktop. I recently figured out how to sync as well as print the notes so I could use them for our required assesments of the children; which also made me excited.

Now I have run into another problem that I can't seem to figure out on my own. I have sent in a ticket but still no response for a couple weeks so I thought I would try this...

Here is my problem. I know there is a cap on the amount of data I can upload a month, but the issue is that the internal storage of the device will not hold all of the photos I have taken. SO...can the app be moved to the SD card? And if not, can I delete the photos from my tablet that have already been synced to the desktop without ruining my notes?!

Please help!!!

Thanks!

~Frustrated Teacher

First, unless you have a premium account & have designated all notebooks to be sync'd for offline use, the EN app will not attempt to keep all your notes on your mobile device. 

I don't have an Android device with a camera.  But using my iDevices as an example, once I add a photo from the iOS camera roll to an Evernote note & sync it to the EN servers, I can delete that photo from the iOS camera roll (NOT the Evernote note!).  This will not affect the photo that is in my Evernote note. 

Please search the board on 'android sd card' as there is already discussion on this topic.

@jbenson2.... Evernote I did get a conformation that the ticket recieved...and magically today I got a response. Thank you!

@pjcollier... That is very helpful! Thank you! I feel safe to delete the photos on my device now!

@BurgersandFries...I have read the board you mentioned. Thanks for your help!

~ Relieved Teacher

Archived